Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 02:22 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
If I didn't had other choices... yeah... probably. Well... as I said... homosexuality wasn't an option where I lived... I didn't knew anybody being homosexual. If I knew... and If it was considered normal... homosexuality would probably be an option.
If having sex with both men and women is an option to you, then you're bisexual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 02:23 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Of course! Everything we are it's the result of some decisions we made at some point in time!
You decide if you like a girl... as you decide if you don't. You decide if you don't like girls... it's just a decision... you make yourself believe in that decision then it's hard to turn back. It's all in your brain.
Attractions are involuntary. I've never met a single human being that conciously said "gee, I think i'll find this person attractive today". You look at someone, and a series of chemical responses in the brain instantly decide whether they are attractive or not. It's involuntary.

Quote:
Of course naturally every we're attracted to women, but the humans can overcome what they were naturally meant to be. We can control ourselves... we're not animals...
Actually we are animals. The most intelligent animals (well, some of us anyway), but animals none the less.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
two that complete each other... do the gays complete each other? do they form a functional entity? no... they're not a couple... but not this is the problem.
Gay people can compliment one another just fine. You just said humans aren't animals, so stop basing our functionality on animalistic behavior (i.e. reproduction).

Old 06-04-2011, 02:25 PM

624 posts, read 1,121,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If having sex with both men and women is an option to you, then you're bisexual.
No... because as I said... the human beings are influenced by those around them. I'm a human being and I live in communities where homosexuality is not accepted. So I won't be influenced into accepting it or consider it an option. Everybody I know is straight. So if they're straight I'm straight too... If I lived in a gay neighborhood and made myself believe that what those creatures do there is normal, homosexuality would probably become an option... but the good thing is that we can decide where to live and what to do with our lives.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
In the fifth grade I decided that I like a girl... and I guess that makes me heterosexual? Yeah... probably. After I made this rational decision and spent some time with this girl I started to have feelings for her. But those feelings that a man has for a woman can be controlled. He can decide that he no longer likes her and so on...
You didn't decide to be attracted to that girl, you already were. That's why you liked her.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Well congrats to them

Old 06-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Attractions are involuntary. I've never met a single human being that conciously said "gee, I think i'll find this person attractive today". You look at someone, and a series of chemical responses in the brain instantly decide whether they are attractive or not. It's involuntary.

Actually we are animals. The most intelligent animals (well, some of us anyway), but animals none the less.
Well... that's probably your case.
In my case everyone who's financially ok and good looking and from a good family is attractive to me in a way or another. With some I become friends and with other, if they're girls because as I said I'm influenced by those around me and they all are straight... so if they're girls, there is a possibility that we can become more than friends if they meet my criteria.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:29 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times
Quote:
No... because as I said... the human beings are influenced by those around them. I'm a human being and I live in communities where homosexuality is not accepted. So I won't be influenced into accepting it or consider it an option. Everybody I know is straight. So if they're straight I'm straight too... If I lived in a gay neighborhood and made myself believe that what those creatures do there is normal, homosexuality would probably become an option... but the good thing is that we can decide where to live and what to do with our lives.
That doesn't make any sense.

A straight man or straight woman who moves into a predominantly gay neighborhood isn't all of a sudden going to be attracted to the same sex. And that's vice versa. A homosexual who hangs around heterosexuals is not going to abruptly be attracted to the opposite sex.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You didn't decide to be attracted to that girl, you already were. That's why you liked her.
Well... if I liked here... and then I found out that she was poor, her parents were on welfare and so on... You think I would still liked here? Of course not... we can control our feelings... you don't agree with that?

Old 06-04-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
So why is it that people raised by gay parents, in predominately gay communities usually end up straight?

Your logic makes absolutely no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies