Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 07:07 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
I think (and milions people) it is abnormal to see two men or two women kissing as a traditional couple (Man x Woman).
It is ridiculous and embarrassing.
I've always thought that Brazil was a better place than that. The pictures of Rio and Carnaval depict an anything goes, live and let live, joie de vivre mentatlity. Your neighbor Argentina has made gay marriages legal. Please tell me that ppl that think like you are not the majority in your country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 07:24 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
I think (and milions people) it is abnormal to see two men or two women kissing as a traditional couple (Man x Woman).
Don't be embarrased. Just stop watching them kiss.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:10 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
In your opinion.
Um thanks for clarifying. Look close and you'll note that this thread is nothing but opinions, starting with the OP. At least I stated a useful fact along with my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Or do you think educated people have better morals than uneducated ones?
no
Quote:
Are they less likely to cheat on their spouses,
maybe
Quote:
abuse their kids,
yes
Quote:
cheat their associates
maybe
Quote:
and more likely to give you a jump-start when you're stalled?
maybe

Old 06-02-2011, 10:02 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
I watched in the Media.
Hideous!!
what? why would you think is hideous? in the XXI century, really?

Old 06-02-2011, 11:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Then mind your own business and don't watch.

And as others have said, it wasn't a marriage. It was a civil union. Get it right.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:01 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Well I don't know about Brazilians, but the majority of Americans support gay marriage. So. Yeah.
Well if I am the minority (which I do not believe) then let me be the vocal minority and say I am whole heartily against gays using the word marriage to define their sinful ways.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:03 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Well if I am the minority (which I do not believe) then let me be the vocal minority and say I am whole heartily against gays using the word marriage to define their sinful ways.
The only sin here is your hatred and bigotry and desire to treat gay people as lesser citizens deserving of fewer civil rights than you.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 AM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Since you're apparently hung up on words, I figure you might want to be informed that the word is wholeheartedly, not whole heartily. But then again, it's not really anyone else's business what word you use, now is it?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:07 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Well I don't know about Brazilians, but the majority of Americans support gay marriage. So. Yeah.
then why does it keep on loosing at the ballot box?

Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
I dont understand people who dont support gay marriage. I mean, what do you care what others do with their lifes? How does two people you dont know loving eachother and marrying affects your life in any way?

For me, it is just common sense. Everyone should have the same rights. If you dont understand this then, sorry, but somethings wrong with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies