Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 08:31 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Trans issues are a real issue for many people .. as many as there are Trans themselves and that's about it.

Even still, I would prefer not having someone that's conflicted over whether or not they are a man or a woman, teaching my kid ..

Keep your own confusion out of the classroom, kids have got enough on their plate already without having to deal with "your" gender confusion. Don't make "your" private personal problem into their problem too ..

You discredit your own argument by bringing race into the discussion incidently .. Fail
It's also an issue for the families and friends of transgender people.

The idea that transgender people are confused is not quite accurate either. I'm very sure of my gender identity--I just know it's not 100% female despite my physiology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 08:34 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So what you're describing is a "defective" human being, right?
No, I'm describing an intersex person. A perfectly valid human being.

Quote:
Two possibilities: male or female, with behavior to follow appropriately.
As defined by whom?

Old 06-02-2011, 08:34 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I'm not ignoring anything .. look down .. see that thing between your legs? .. there, that's what you are. It's just that simple.
Except it's not. There are other biological determinants for gender such as brain chemistry, hormone levels, chromosomes, etc. Biologically there are more than two possible sexes when you take all those factors into consideration as well.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:37 PM

396 posts, read 906,060 times
Quote:

The school, in denying a mentally-ill person from exhibiting abhorrent behavior in front of young children, would be doing the RIGHT THING in protecting those children. Since when does a teacher, put into a position of trust and authority over those in his/her (notice I did not include "IT") care have the right to advocate or demonstrate behavior or moral values in direct contradiction to the parent's wishes?

Men who wear dresses in public are at best mentally ill. At worst, they are dangerous freaks who should be kept far from children at all costs.

Damage your children as you will. That's your right as a parent. Get near mine with such advocacy or behavior and you'll not be able to do it for long.
Wow where do I even start with this?

Mentally-ill? How? Because you don't like it? Are people who believe in God and Satan mentally ill? I find both ideas to be hilarious ridiculous but I don't call those people mentally-ill. Especially when there is scientific evidence to support transgender and none to support religion. I don't care what people believe and they should be free to worship whatever they want. I don't care if a Christian teaches my children.

Now that I threw that bomb lets continue.

How is a man who wears a dress in public dangerous? I would like a serious answer to this question. Because I can list plenty of instances of men wearing dresses in public. Such danger! HIDE THE CHILDREN! Society will collapse when women start wearing pants! Oh wait oops.

And you know there are cultures with 3rd genders right? I mean, I am guessing you don't but there are.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 PM

527 posts, read 467,484 times
Who cares if they are good teachers-

Old 06-02-2011, 08:43 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
The school, in denying a mentally-ill person from exhibiting abhorrent behavior in front of young children, would be doing the RIGHT THING in protecting those children. Since when does a teacher, put into a position of trust and authority over those in his/her (notice I did not include "IT") care have the right to advocate or demonstrate behavior or moral values in direct contradiction to the parent's wishes?

Men who wear dresses in public are at best mentally ill. At worst, they are dangerous freaks who should be kept far from children at all costs.

Damage your children as you will. That's your right as a parent. Get near mine with such advocacy or behavior and you'll not be able to do it for long.
This ..

Old 06-02-2011, 08:45 PM

396 posts, read 906,060 times
So, upon being proven to be a bigot, we are now resorting to vague physical threats?

Absolutely hilarious.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:56 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
So, upon being proven to be a bigot, we are now resorting to vague physical threats?

Absolutely hilarious.
It's the social conservative way - just look at the most socially conservative group of people on Earth, fundamentalist Muslims.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:15 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times

Massachusetts ‘Transgender Pride’ — As Tragic As It Gets

Women who want to be men march shirtless to display their flat chests after ‘transgender’ breast removal surgeries

Part 1: Body mutilation on parade

THIS IS A WOMAN.

Do what you want at home and on your personal time, advance your agenda on your own time, but keep your personal life out of my kid's classroom.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:16 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Isn't a transgender male a female, now? I'm not up on the terminology but I thought transgender is the former transexual, that is, someone who had the surgery. You would expect that person to be dressed as a woman. It's transvestites that would be males wearing dresses, right?

Do female teachers wear dresses to school these days?

I don't have any kids so I won't comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies