Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 05:40 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Ok, but as you can see, there are some conservatives who do care that shes black.
No such thing as a racist liberal, am i right?

Stop wasting so many race cards. I heard they are getting expensive to replace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 05:42 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
This is one area that I actually agree with MO on. But, if she's gonna go all gansta on school lunch programs, why not reform the food stamp program too? Disallow any junk food purchases and only give credits for meat, dairy, and fresh produce.
Oh, I so absolutely agree on this point.

No wait .. Grade school kids can't vote ... adults on welfare can .. if she goes all gansta, as you so very eloquently put it, on the foodstamp program, she'll get a lot of fat lazy so-and-so's pissed that they can't have their junk food for free and her DH would lose those votes come election time ..

Don't look for any foodstamp reform to be happening any time soon ..

Old 06-02-2011, 05:45 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
This is one area that I actually agree with MO on. But, if she's gonna go all gansta on school lunch programs, why not reform the food stamp program too? Disallow any junk food purchases and only give credits for meat, dairy, and fresh produce.
I missed this post! I agree 84308438848405%%%%!!!!!
Stop buying cheetos and start buying apples!

"But it's their money, they should spend it how they want to" LOL

Old 06-02-2011, 05:51 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,255,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
I missed this post! I agree 84308438848405%%%%!!!!!
Stop buying cheetos and start buying apples!

"But it's their money, they should spend it how they want to" LOL
Awesome quote...I think I am going to use this for my facebook status today!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:00 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
But I don't have a problem with Michelle Obama's efforts to have a healthier nation. People ***** about her wanting school lunches to be healthier... really????? What on earth is the problem with kids eating healthy at school? What is wrong with teaching people about how to make healthy choices? I do take issue with restricting adults from making choices, but I haven't seen any of that from Michelle.

So, I ask of those of you who think Michelle Obama is a granola-eating monster, what's your problem with her initiative? It seriously comes off as "how dare she try and help our nation's children be healthy," which is lunacy to me. I wish I had had healthfulness instilled in me when I was young.
The problem I have with her doing this is that she is pushing an "agenda". In my personal opinion, milk and other dairy products are not healthy, and neither is genetically modified grains. If I had a kid I would much rather have them eating potatoes than GMO corn or soy products.

Besides, you can do all the "regulating" you want and you still cannot FORCE anyone to eat healthy. They are still going to eat what they want to eat.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-02-2011, 06:34 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I have no problem if she wants to educate on healthy eating, just don't enact mandates.
Educate and then hope people make the right choices.

Don't go to lengths to have schools start banning cake sales to champion your idea.
Once she's no longer first lady she'll more than likely drop it altogether.

That's why I don't care so much if she educates. She wasn't involved in this before becoming first lady and she'll drop it once she's no longer first lady.

I have more respect and admiration for Laura Bush who was into reading/literacy before, during and after her husband's Presidency.
Well said! Additionally, there is NO NEED whatsoever for GINORMOUS Govt programs to be started to "educate" Americans about how to eat healthfully. There is NO NEED to steal from taxpayers in the form of higher taxes to pay for this.

Let the First Lady do it herself on a volunteer basis.

Besides, if she REALLY cared about the health of Americans, she'd be working to shut down the FDA if not scale WAY back as all they do is facilitate the big drug companies when it comes to putting dangerous untested unproven new drugs on the market.

The same goes for BIG AGRA and getting help to put new genetically engineered and dangerous so called "food" on the market-- like they made it so easy for Monsanto to get farmers to start using rBGH on cows. This only made the cows sick and filled their milk with pus which makes it sour more quickly.

Not to digress but the LAST thing we need is more government programs that appear to "help" but really cause far more pain suffering and expense to Americans and Taxpayers.

As we all should have figured out by now, government is not the answer but rather it is the underlying PROBLEM in our economy right now. It is the PRIMARY CAUSE of our trashed economy. The last thing we should be doing, especially with the current administration and both Dems and Repubs in office, is looking to WAshington for answers. They have a ten year track record now of doing the WRONG thing for this country. It is HIGH time we REALIZE this and do something DIFFERENT.

We could begin with dismantling most if not all of the govt programs since 9/11 and we could BRING OUR TROOPS HOME...just for starters!!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
It's not a problem. Wanting to educate the pubilic is never a problem. The problem is when the public doesn't want to hear it and takes a "don't tell me what to do" attitude because they don't like who is telling them. Nobody is forcing anything on anyone here.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Has anyone modified their behaviour based on what any first lady said?

Old 06-02-2011, 06:40 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Default Why do people have a problem with Mrs. Obama's health initiative?

Answer:

Because she does not practice what she preaches!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's not a problem. Wanting to educate the pubilic is never a problem. The problem is when the public doesn't want to hear it and takes a "don't tell me what to do" attitude because they don't like who is telling them. Nobody is forcing anything on anyone here.
Banning cake sales at schools ? That's a bit more then "education" don't you think ?
To be fair..the USDA has a year to define "infrequent".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies