Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 06:09 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well the good thing is Getting Poorer is pretty easy. It's not like money is a valuable comodity anymore anyway.
Now with the "help" of Washington it's even easier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 06:11 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Now with the "help" of Washington it's even easier
Yeah. The most scarey words I ever would hear are "We are from the Govt and here to help!". That translates as We are here from the Govt and here to help.......... ourselves.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:08 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
So, are you also against "minimum" coverage for people who drive automobiles?

As you know, someone always pays for uninsured people. The cost of the uninsured is already passed along to you in your premiums.

The companies that are choosing waivers have decreased their employees coverage due to the rising cost of coverage.

It's sad that those of you who have good coverage don't care about those of us whose companies have chosen to reduce benefits for their employees due to the cost. Giving you people examples of real people who have health insurance through their companies and who still have no coverage when they need it doesn't seem to matter to you people.

I have to wonder how many of you work for insurance companies who benefit from these high deductible, low benefit policies -- the kind that companies pay big bucks for and which still leaves their employees holding the bag in the event that a medical need arises.

Even in the current economy, insurance is still one industry whose profits are soaring....
Your argument stinks. I prefer to pay out-of-pocket for recurring, routine medical expenses and I accomplish that by having a high-deductible plan. You have to pay an insurance company MORE than $1.00 to get $1.00 in benefits back, they have expenses like any business. So I do not want to insure my basic expenses.

Obamacare criminalizes my choice. "If you like your health plan, you can keep it" (Barack Obama, said it about a thousand times) ought to go down in history right next to Richard Nixon's "I am not a crook." It was a big lie, told by a Big Liar.

Mnadated minimum auto liability coverage has nothing to do with the issue. Obamacare is more like mandating 100% comprehensive and collision coverage, no matter what kind of car you drive.

And the proliferation of waivers, granted by whim of an unelected bureacrat to politically favored recipients, is evidence of a totally corrupt law, and a totally corrupt executive branch.

We used to be a nation of laws...now we are a nation of waivers from the law.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:12 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Let's hope we all get a waiver from Obamacare then we won't need to worry about it anymore. That's only fair.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:24 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
It's ok, the middle class is slowly being impoverished. Soon we won't have a choice to be poor, we just will be.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
So, are you also against "minimum" coverage for people who drive automobiles?

As you know, someone always pays for uninsured people. The cost of the uninsured is already passed along to you in your premiums.

The companies that are choosing waivers have decreased their employees coverage due to the rising cost of coverage.

It's sad that those of you who have good coverage don't care about those of us whose companies have chosen to reduce benefits for their employees due to the cost. Giving you people examples of real people who have health insurance through their companies and who still have no coverage when they need it doesn't seem to matter to you people.

I have to wonder how many of you work for insurance companies who benefit from these high deductible, low benefit policies -- the kind that companies pay big bucks for and which still leaves their employees holding the bag in the event that a medical need arises.

Even in the current economy, insurance is still one industry whose profits are soaring....
you dont pay for car insurance if you dont have a car

Old 06-05-2011, 09:28 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Let's hope we all get a waiver from Obamacare then we won't need to worry about it anymore. That's only fair.
So you don't want your insurance to cover pre-existing conditions, remove lifetime caps, and stop insurance companies from dropping you if you do get sick?

Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Your argument stinks. I prefer to pay out-of-pocket for recurring, routine medical expenses and I accomplish that by having a high-deductible plan. You have to pay an insurance company MORE than $1.00 to get $1.00 in benefits back, they have expenses like any business. So I do not want to insure my basic expenses.

Obamacare criminalizes my choice. "If you like your health plan, you can keep it" (Barack Obama, said it about a thousand times) ought to go down in history right next to Richard Nixon's "I am not a crook." It was a big lie, told by a Big Liar.

Mnadated minimum auto liability coverage has nothing to do with the issue. Obamacare is more like mandating 100% comprehensive and collision coverage, no matter what kind of car you drive.

And the proliferation of waivers, granted by whim of an unelected bureacrat to politically favored recipients, is evidence of a totally corrupt law, and a totally corrupt executive branch.

We used to be a nation of laws...now we are a nation of waivers from the law.
How long are the waivers for?

Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:

Bull****, they don't bvenefit any more from low deductible policies than they do high.....the premiums are based on the coverage. Low deductibles make them pay more in claims and the charge a higher premium for them....high deductibles the opposite.

What the entire insurance industry does or doesn't do is irrelevant because we're talking about health insurance here....and all insurance is not the same....not even close by a long shot. Health insurance is risky and unstable, completely the opposite of something like life insurance. Mandates are what has forced premiums up, not the need to make a profit. Rate increases lose business and decrease profits. Profit with insurance is made through sales which requires low competitive premiums. Profit margins have already been calculated into the premiums so, they don't need to increase premiums to make profit and they don't want to. Rate increases are caused by higher than expected claims costs...which are a direct result of the mandates that are being placed on insurers. They make it impossible for a company to accurately predict the amount of risk they're going to be forced to take on. The risk does not get distributed evenly because of the mandates.

The public doesn't understand that the mandates just push the problem onto the insurers and all they can do is pass it on to the consumer. They don't have a printing press to print money like the government has or a magical bank account they can just draw endless amounts of money from. When they go the slighest bit into the red, they go bankrupt and everyone the cover, loses their insurance.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:34 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201
It's ok, the middle class is slowly being impoverished. Soon we won't have a choice to be poor, we just will be.

I make what was good money just a few years back, now I find I have less than when I make a few hundred dollars less a week than I do now.

After paying bills & expenses that we keep to a bare minimum there is nothing left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies