Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 10:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,484,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
He did not "like" to kill other people(and you can't prove he did), he did love to end unnecessary suffering when REQUESTED.

What were his "plenty of reasons" for using his machine?

He didn't know his illness would be terminal.

He wasn't facing months and years of excruciating pain.

What were his "plenty of reasons" for using his machine?
He liked it. If suffering was really so awful then why did he prefer to suffer - and you cannot say there's no suffering with Hepatitis C, liver cancer, kidney failure - than kill himself?

It turned out it was funner to kill other people but for himself he wanted a Death with Dignity, a Natural Death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 10:35 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,086,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He liked it. If suffering was really so awful then why did he prefer to suffer - and you cannot say there's no suffering with Hepatitis C, liver cancer, kidney failure - than kill himself?

It turned out it was funner to kill other people but for himself he wanted a Death with Dignity, a Natural Death.
"funner"?

His reasons according to you

He liked it. What? That's not a reason....

You do NOT know whether he was suffering or what level his pain was on...

He did NOT know his illness would be terminal..he may have thought he would recover...why can't you understand your own language????

Even if he had a terminal illness and was in extreme pain HE may not have CHOSEN to end his own life...THAT is what he fought for ..being able to C H O O S E

Even if he had CHOSEN to use his machine I doubt he would've been able to in the hospital...:rolleyes :

"funner" ???

Old 06-05-2011, 12:11 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,902,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why?
Why can't those who want to off themselves do it on their own?
Want to die?Grow a pair and off yourself.
Difficult for a woman.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 06-05-2011 at 12:48 PM..

Old 06-05-2011, 12:15 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,971,776 times
Quote:
So we can now choose to OWN people? Since I can go out and buy a dog and even put MY dog in a fence or make it wear a collar, can I do the same thing with a human? I want to buy one.
Hmmmm.....don't you feel that your "own" yourself?

Your statement is a complete fail.

We are not talking about someone else making the decision to end your life.....we are talking about YOU making the decision to end your life.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
That's the whole problem with you euthanasia types and why you shouldn't be allowed to go around killing people. You think you know what someone else might want but some people might want to live even if you think they shouldn't.
No one here is advocating forcing someone to choose euthanasia......they are advocating that you and you alone be permitted to make that choice.

Why should someone who is not doing the suffering be allowed to make the choice for the person who is?

Old 06-05-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Because actively assisting someone would be killing them.

You could provide a plan and could probably even sell the equipment to do it,but not pull the trigger for them.

Seems fair enough to me.

You want people to be able to kill themselves at will,I am agreeing with that part.You simply can't have others pulling the trigger is all.

Ummmm.....isn't that EXACTLY what Jack Kevorkian was trying to do?

........Make his "death machine" available to those who chose to use it?

Old 06-05-2011, 02:03 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,525,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ummmm.....isn't that EXACTLY what Jack Kevorkian was trying to do?

........Make his "death machine" available to those who chose to use it?
Right. In Oregon the patient drinks a barbituate drink and drifts off within minutes, but they took Kevorkians license away, so he couldn't get the drugs needed. He invented another way. Other options, like Nembutal, as soon as authorities got wind of it's use for suicide, they made it unavailable. People used to be able to go to Mexico and get it over the counter. I believe they have also required a license for the latest option, helium tanks. They don't want to over-medicate, they don't want people to get addicted, it appears they are the ones that enjoy prolonging suffering. Perhaps there''s a lot of money in it.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:15 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,902,703 times
Not mentioned so far: there is industry profit in sick people, not much in healthy people. Just something to keep in mind.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:53 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,809,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why do you post the same thing over and over again when many posters have pointed out how that's not always possible???
But for almost EVERY person who does want to off themselves,it is possible at some point during their terminal illness,they just CHOOSE to not do i tthen for whatever reason.

Also,how many of the people who want to kill themselves are physically incapable of doing so,could you provide some stats or cites showing the number?

Thanks.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:54 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,809,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Difficult for a woman.
Then they just need ot put their big girl panties on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies