Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,522,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I agree with you on this one. Since you feel that way, why vote nearly exclusively for either one?

I voted for Christie Whitman her first term, that didn't go so well, so I went back to Democrat, this past NJ election I voted Independent. McCain could have had it IF, well we know the stupid mistep he made. So no I do not vote straight Democrat, where have I stated in either of my posts that I have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,949 posts, read 8,832,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
This thread is a good example how conservatives think black people can't think for themselves.
Those that blindly vote for Democrats can't think for themselves but what's new?

6,129 posts, read 6,786,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Again, maybe he needs to have a conversation with the Clintons, "how did you go from majority support among Blacks for 6 months to a free fall in a matter of 1 day"?
LOL. That is a whole other thread.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Those that blindly vote for Democrats can't think for themselves but what's new?

The same could be said of Republicans. Again, their track record isn't exactly unblemished the last 30 years.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:05 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,280,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You just will never get it.
You are the one that will never get it.

Guys like Rand Paul and Ron Paul speak out about the Civil Rights Act and you expect Black American voters to actually support these people.

If Herman Cain wants to be a shill for Conservative America that's his perogative. But I have yet to see a Black American in the Conservative movement that basically used as a poster child to say "We Actually Have A Black Person That Supports Us" that wasn't eventually cast aside once they served their designated purpose. Michael Steele, Colin Powell, Condalezza Rice and J.C Watts was all perfect examples of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
LOL. That is a whole other thread.

I remember when I was stomping around my office in 2008 saying, "there is no way i'm voting for Obama, its either going to be Hilary or McCain since it looks like he's going to win the nomination" Then low and behold the two ONLY viable candidates made two of the worst mistep, go figure

9,949 posts, read 8,832,042 times
Quote:
The same could be said of Republicans. Again, their track record isn't exactly unblemished the last 30 years.
I couldn't agree more but it's a fact that black people overwhelmingly vote for Democrats while other races split pretty evenly for both parties.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I couldn't agree more but it's a fact that black people overwhelmingly vote for Democrats while other races split pretty evenly for both parties.

And you would know tthis for a fact in not only the Presidential race and their own local races because the "liberal media" tells you? I haven't seen anything out there that states that Blacks will ONLY vote Democrats, what I've seen are individual polls questioning some blacks, these people do not represent me or my parents.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:12 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,786,645 times
Quote:
Quote:
I remember when I was stomping around my office in 2008 saying, "there is no way i'm voting for Obama, its either going to be Hilary or McCain since it looks like he's going to win the nomination" Then low and behold the two ONLY viable candidates made two of the worst mistep, go figure
LMAO! I remember having multiple conversations at work, church, everywhere with people who liked Obama but thought he was too green and would never win anyway. They loved the Clintons and planned to support them. This was around the time the media started reporting Obama wasn't getting more black support because he "wasn't black enough".

Then Bill Clinton went off the rails... was it in South Carolina?... and boy, did that change overnight. And then the hits just kept on coming. They blew it big time.

My husband respected McCain a lot but he stepped in a big one too, just like you said. Ah well.

Quote:
And once again, that could have nothing to do with the Republican party and things they've done? Nothing in the history of Republicans from the Civil Rights movement to today could have anything to do with that? That is all about Blacks being ignorant? Y'all have no role to play in the perception of the Republican Party among blacks. Okay then.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:12 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,740,450 times
Quote:
So you think that black people can't think for themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies