Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 09:36 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,231 times

Advertisements

Does any one but me seem to understand that she's clearly not running for any public office. She left politics so she can make money with all the star power she's acquired from the people that kept her in the news criticizing and insulting her for the last few years. She can twitter something and her critics will go there to read it....and then it makes national news. The bus tour is to promote her movie and her future projects/books. Everyone calls her an idiot and she's laughing all the way to the bank because of it....she's the smart one....it's her critics that are clueless. She's not going to announce that she's going to run.....the minute she does that, she loses half the media attention she's getting.....she's not stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 09:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Sarah Palin Stands By Her Correct Historical Account of Paul Revere's Ride

YouTube - ‪Sarah Palin Stands By Her Correct Historical Account of Paul Revere's Ride‬‏

Old 06-05-2011, 09:51 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,365,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
I'm curious about this statement. It seems as though you are attempting to belittle someone for the way they acquired a piece of knowledge - the part about, "stumbling upon it by happenstance" and the doubt you express "that Palin actually knew this historical fine point"

Knowledge is pretty much knowledge (duh) and all knowledge is acquired. Am I missing something? Are some ways of acquiring knowledge more correct or acceptable than others? If someone tells you something and you remember it, or if you read something from a textbook and you remember it, or you read something in a newspaper at the car dealership lobby and you remember it, or you see something and you remember it, or whatever - are some these methods disqualified or inferior when discussing someone's knowledge?

I don't really get the point of your post.
Yes, if she didn't learn it at a liberal arts university, preferably in California or the North East, from a rabid left leaning tenured professor then the knowledge doesn't count. No true, accurate information can come from any other source.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:55 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,501,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Sarah Palin isn't smarter than a fifth grader.
But I guess a fifth grader would know if we had fifty seven states or not. As soon as Obama gets back from May, 2008, we can confirm the correct number.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:00 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post

Actually, she's one of many equally clueless morons. But nearly all the rest work at Burger King or Taco Bell. They're not shooting for the moon.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:22 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,929,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Sarah Palin isn't smarter than a fifth grader.
But smarter than you.

From the Massachusetts Historical Society (obviously an extreme right wing Palin support group) let's read Paul Revere's own words for an account of his ride.

Massachusetts Historical Society: Online Collections

Quote:
I observed a Wood at a Small distance, & made for that. When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back,and orderd me to dismount;-one of them, who appeared to have the command, examined me, where I came from,& what my Name Was? I told him. it was Revere, he asked if it was Paul? I told him yes He asked me if I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up. He imediately rode towards those who stoppd us, when all five of them came down upon a full gallop; one of them, whom I afterwards found to be Major Mitchel, of the 5th Regiment, Clapped his pistol to my head, called me by name, & told me he was going to ask me some questions, & if I did not give him true answers, he would blow my brains out. He then asked me similar questions to those above. He then orderd me to mount my Horse, after searching me for arms.He then orderd them to advance, & to lead me in front. When we got to the Road, they turned down towards Lexington. When we had got about one Mile, the Major Rode up to the officer that was leading me, & told him to give me to the Sergeant. As soon as he took me, the Major orderd him, if I attempted to run, or any body insulted them, to blow my brains out. We rode till we got near Lexington Meeting-house, when the Militia fired a Voley of Guns, which appeared to alarm them very much.
Yes, Paul Revere did warn the British and Sarah Palin is right.

The left are truly a bunch of simpletons with simple minds. Reminds me how when ignorant Obama supporters (is there any other kind?) recount how Sarah Palin said she could "see Russia from her back yard" they truly believe she said this when reality is it came from a Saturday Night Live clip. What she said is she could see Russian soil standing on Alaskan soil which you can. Never mind the truth, go to Saturday Night Live for all your information.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:37 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
The left are truly a bunch of simpletons with simple minds. Reminds me how when ignorant Obama supporters (is there any other kind?) recount how Sarah Palin said she could "see Russia from her back yard" they truly believe she said this when reality is it came from a Saturday Night Live clip. What she said is she could see Russian soil standing on Alaskan soil which you can. Never mind the truth, go to Saturday Night Live for all your information.
And that gave her foreign policy insight?

Old 06-05-2011, 10:43 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sarah Palin Stands By Her Correct Historical Account of Paul Revere's Ride

YouTube - ‪Sarah Palin Stands By Her Correct Historical Account of Paul Revere's Ride‬‏
What a stooge! She revises her answer somewhat, makes excuses, and she's still wrong. Revere was stopped by the British, by the police to put it in today's vernacular. He answered their questions and gave them a warning of what the colonists (not yet Americans) were up to.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:53 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
But smarter than you.

From the Massachusetts Historical Society (obviously an extreme right wing Palin support group) let's read Paul Revere's own words for an account of his ride.

Yes, Paul Revere did warn the British and Sarah Palin is right.

Repost. You might get your info from somewhere other than World Nitwits Daily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Uh, no. That paragraph is taken out of context. The whole letter is contained in a link within your link, from the comments.

Here's some more from earlier in the letter:

I returned
at Night thro Charlestown; there I agreed with a Col. Conant, & some other Gentle
men, in Charleston, that if the British went out by Water,
we would shew two Lanthorns in the North Church Steeple;
& if by Land, one, as a Signal; for we were aprehensive it would be di
ficult to Cross the Charles River, or git over Boston neck. I left Dr. Warrens, called
upon a friend, and desired him to make the Signals. . . . .

When I got into Town, I met Col. Conant, & several others;
they said they had seen our signals

Old 06-05-2011, 10:54 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
From the OP

I told him; and
aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River,
and that There would be five hundred Americans there
in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.

From the Palin

He who warned, uh, the…the British that they weren’t gonna be takin’ away our arms, uh, by ringin’ those bells and um by makin’ sure that as he’s ridin’ his horse through town to send those warnin’ shots and bells that uh we were gonna be secure and we were gonna be free…and we were gonna be armed.

Give me a break, Anyone with a half a brain can clearly see that this is not what she was referring to. Her mumble jumble of words did not relate to this incident. Now she an American history scholar that has read every American history book (all of 'em, of course).

The warning shots and bells are they key words in her blathering and they did not happen. Give it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies