Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 12:48 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,828,610 times

Advertisements

This is the most riveting story of 2011. I expect the next president to be able to recite the entire poem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 01:49 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,291,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Under liberal logic if you don't know how many men died on the Arizona you don't know what happened at Pearl Harbor.

I don't think there was a media person following Paul Revere to chronicle what happened in every town and village.
Not at all.... If you don't know, don't pretend like you do. If you do know and you misspeak? Say you misspoke. Don't attempt to edit and twist history to fit your misspoken version of it....

Really not that difficult.

And while there may not have been a media person chronicling everything that happened along the ride, I guarantee you that Palin is NOT the one with special "insider information" on what REALLY happened...

Old 06-06-2011, 01:50 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Not at all.... If you don't know, don't pretend like you do. If you do know and you misspeak? Say you misspoke. Don't attempt to edit and twist history to fit your misspoken version of it....

Really not that difficult.

And while there may not have been a media person chronicling everything that happened along the ride, I guarantee you that Palin is NOT the one with special "insider information" on what REALLY happened...
Isn't it closing time for your fabrication shop?

Old 06-06-2011, 01:54 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Still waiting to hear about all those metaphors she used in her telling of the story of Paul Revere...

Old 06-06-2011, 01:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Sarah Palin's Account of Paul Revere's Midnight Ride Gets Shot Down by Historians - ABC News

"He didn't warn the British," said James Giblin, author of "The Many Rides of Paul Revere." "That's her most obvious blooper."
Thanks for bringing us back to reality. No, Revere did not set out to warn the British that the colonists were armed, and to threaten the Brits that the colonists wouldn't let the Brits take their arms away. He set out to warn the colonists that the "regulars" (they were ALL Brits back then) were coming.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
LOL!!! I have posted a link that explains in pretty gorey detail the history surrounding Paul Revere. As I guessed. You didn't bother reading it. I'm not going to attempt to surmise whether its because you're lazy or that you are incapable of doing so... No matter.

Attempting to say that what Palin meant when she said "Warning the British" is that she was referring to after Revere was captured when he was essentially singing like a canary with a gun to his head about his mission or whatever is the biggest spin-job I think I've ever seen. He certainly wasn't on horseback firing warning shots and ringing bells either...

Your girl should just stick to "I'll get back to you on that Katie" methinks...

Old 06-06-2011, 01:59 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thanks for bringing us back to reality. No, Revere did not set out to warn the British that the colonists were armed, and to threaten the Brits that the colonists wouldn't let the Brits take their arms away. He set out to warn the colonists that the "regulars" (they were ALL Brits back then) were coming.
Let's be fair. Somewhere in Palin's rambling, incoherent response, she may have stumbled onto a series of words that if looked at sideways while squinting, resembles an actual historical fact. But which is more likely:

1. Sarah Palin actually knows more about the history of Paul Revere than most historians and was mentioning only the part of Revere's story where he was talking to the British after being captured; or
2. Sarah Palin gave a word salad response, and part of that response stumbled onto something that may be factually accurate in one way.

I know what my response would be.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
LOL!!! I have posted a link that explains in pretty gorey detail the history surrounding Paul Revere. As I guessed. You didn't bother reading it. I'm not going to attempt to surmise whether its because you're lazy or that you are incapable of doing so... No matter.

Attempting to say that what Palin meant when she said "Warning the British" is that she was referring to after Revere was captured when he was essentially singing like a canary with a gun to his head about his mission or whatever is the biggest spin-job I think I've ever seen. He certainly wasn't on horseback firing warning shots and ringing bells either...

Your girl should just stick to "I'll get back to you on that Katie" methinks...
Lay it to rest master fabricator. I see it bothers you so much that you have to keep spewing your ill informed BS. Why is that because you don't understand what she said, it automatically has to be wrong? Maybe you're the one who is wrong. Just sayin....

Old 06-06-2011, 02:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
She's a Republican, so of course, she's always right (in the eyes of the gullible).

Old 06-06-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Still waiting to hear about all those metaphors she used in her telling of the story of Paul Revere...
Eh good luck getting that out of him.... He's gone all "Rain Man" on us with his "fabrication shop" line..... Guess it beats trying to actually prove his point (especially when you don't have one).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies