Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:07 AM

72 posts, read 63,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The OP asked what is the "most socially unacceptable sexual lifestyle"? (Lifestyle, not behavior.) IMO prostitution is just that--the most socially unacceptable lifestyle, regardless of the "freedom and free enterprise" aspects. Some people may think it's OK but in general, it is "socially unacceptable" to the large majority of people.
So with that being said "Being promiscuous" would be the winner seeing that prostitutes are not really picky of whom they have sex with.

On a non-prostitue train of thought I would say that "Being promiscuous" is probably the hands down winner for females. There is nothing that will ruin your reputation or make you a social outcast like being labeled a slizzle.

For men I would have to say it would be "being homosexual". Again being gay will alienate you from the GOBC (good ole boys club) quicker than you can imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
You forgot swingers

Old men swingers. EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

I briefly worked for one (a farmer). What a creepy pig. He kept talking about the "parties" he went to in stomach turning detail, although I repeatedly told him that I didn't want to hear about it. He spent so much time bragging about his sex life, I guess trying to impress me (which he didn't understand why it accomplished the exact opposite). He just couldn't believe that I found it offensive. He must have asked me a dozen times, "A woman who looks like you doesn't fool around?" I guess a long-married woman who still takes care of herself and her looks is supposed to only do it to get laid by strange men?!? He had a wife who was a cancer patient and could no longer have sex. She was okay with him going around and doing it with God knows how many other women. I soon quit working for this fool, because he just would not give up trying to get me to swing or go to a party with him. He said it would "up his ante", whatever the H that meant.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:17 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnttokr1 View Post

On a non-prostitue train of thought I would say that "Being promiscuous" is probably the hands down winner for females. There is nothing that will ruin your reputation or make you a social outcast like being labeled a slizzle.
We're not in the 50's anymore.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:21 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
I think prostitutes are looked down upon by both men and women and at all levels of society. That's why prostitution gets my final vote as the "most socially unacceptable lifestyle".

Old 06-06-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
We're not in the 50's anymore.
So you're saying that it's perfectly socially acceptable for a high school girl to be promiscuous? She won't be teased relentlessly for sleeping around?

please.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:24 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnttokr1 View Post
So you're saying that it's perfectly socially acceptable for a high school girl to be promiscuous? She won't be teased relentlessly for sleeping around?

please.
Do you honestly think a HS kid is going to hang with the same crowd the rest of her life?
Please.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:29 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
I am not a judge nor jury, why do i care. None of these, these are already acceptable to some degree.

However what is not acceptable is those who prey and abuse sexually children. And Perverts not acceptable to me. Rapists not acceptable to me.

What two consentual adults do in the privacy of their home is their business not mine or should be any of you.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Do you honestly think a HS kid is going to hang with the same crowd the rest of her life?
Please.
Ok...HS aside....in your place of business is it socially acceptable for a woman to be considered the office sl**?

Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Of that list for me it would be promiscuity because I think sex should be a lot more about a little more than genital friction between two human beings. At the end of the day though as long as BOTH sides are fully consenting it is none of my business even though I might find it morally unattractive.

I have no issue with Homosexuality, Transgender, Bi-Sexual,or abstinent people. Whatever rocks people's world as long as nobody gets hurt.

I would have thought Paedophilia , Sexual abuse/rape and Bestiality to be a little more evil and disturbing than whether two guys are having sex quite frankly.

And I simply do not get S&M . To me anyone who wants to hurt someone else or wants to be hurt by them is so removed from what I can intellectually come to grasp with that my eyes water just thinking about it.

But if two people genuinely consent then I suppose what they do in the bedroom ( or torture dungeon as the case maybe) is none of my beeswax. In my eyes those people are just "weirdos"( the only word I could think of though I don't really want to offend anyone) but their sexual proclivity has nothing to do with me.

Human sexuality is such a complex and hugely varied thing that I feel like an utter innocent sometimes, realising what turns people on.

To me sex should be if not about eternal love at least about some kind of human connection at a deeper level than just two sets of genitals coming into contact. Promiscuity is something I do find profoudnly disturbing because I find it debasing to our humanity. That however is MY problem not others and I fully accept that I should keep my nose out of other people's sex lives.

If people really want to swing from chandeliers , dressed like giant poodles , singing "The Macarena" whilst covered in chocolate and marshmallows then who am I to tell them anything. As long as it is harmless it remains their lives to live as they please.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The question has as many answers as there are societies.

In my book anything consenting adults do with or to each other singly or in groups is acceptable. In some parts of our society sex is only allowed within marriage and in the missionary position. They have no idea what they are missing. Not my problem or concern. Until they start making laws about what is allowable between consenting adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies