Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 09:27 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Totally different argument... Armed guards checking passports is one thing... TSA agents groping 6 year olds is criminal...
Same argument.

Liberals who live in la-la land, you know, those who pay no attention to anything (including recent history) unless it's a tax dollar funded freebie for them, would be infuriated no matter what they were asked to do or produce any time or anywhere. But they happily eat other countries security measures, lack of "rights" etc., when they travel or move out of the USA.

Those who think taking precautions are worse than the terrorist who'd happily blow their own mothers to bits to make some whacked out religious point.

What do you think those armed guards would do if they found someone to be suspicious? Not check a diaper on a kid being toted by the suspicious? You'd be wrong.

What's your solution? You can complain all you want, but until you can offer a better solution as opposed to how it is right now, you have no dog to enter in the fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 09:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Same argument.

Liberals who live in la-la land, you know, those who pay no attention to anything (including recent history) unless it's a tax dollar funded freebie for them, would be infuriated no matter what they were asked to do or produce any time or anywhere. But they happily eat other countries security measures, lack of "rights" etc., when they travel or move out of the USA.

Those who think taking precautions are worse than the terrorist who'd happily blow their own mothers to bits to make a point.

What do you think those armed guards would do if they found someone to be suspicious? Not check a diaper on a kid wearing one? You'd be wrong.

What's your solution? You can complain all you want, but until you can offer a better solution as opposed to how it is right now, you have no dog to enter in the fight.
My luggage was torn apart by armed guards in Greece when I was on my way to Crete. The machine guns were pointed at me the entire time.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
My luggage was torn apart by armed guards in Greece when I was on my way to Crete. The machine guns were pointed at me the entire time.
And did you feel any "safer" because of it ?

Old 06-04-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Corfu, for me. But by then, I was used to it. It's the way it is.

So the enraged act like pre-war southern belles when something offends their sensibilities...but have nothing to offer to solve their fainting spells over common sense measures taken to protect EVERYONE, not just their precious little offended "rights"/rear-ends. Good to know they only care for themselves and have no intention of keeping up with the times or evolving and living in the reality that is post 9/11.

It's easy. Don't fly if you don't like what you have to go through. Stay home and save everyone else from you creeping out of your commune and having to deal with reality. Or get over it and shut up already. Or offer a solution. One that no one else has thought of or already dumbed-down enough to pacify the protestors who live in some fantasy world that doesn't exist.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, I was terrified. The point is that I knew that I had to respect the laws of Greece. It never crossed my mind to retain an attorney to sue Greece because I was traumatized. This was more than 20 years ago. I was traveling with my ex husband who was often mistaken as a person of Arabian descent. He traveled extensively in the Middle East and had stamps in his passport showing that he had been in various countries. He was held and questioned for more than five hours before he was released to travel. This was 20 years ago.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Greece was doing this pre 9/11, so they were doing it protect themselves, not travelers.

It wasn't about an American feeling "safer", it was about the country knowing it had done what it needed to in order to try to stay as safe as it could.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:18 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Really? So when children approach for screening the TSA makes sure that they have the lower IQ TSA employees pat down the children? Do you mean to say that TSA employees are lower IQ pedophiles?
Yes... Exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Same argument.

Those who think taking precautions are worse than the terrorist who'd happily blow their own mothers to bits to make some whacked out religious point.

What do you think those armed guards would do if they found someone to be suspicious? Not check a diaper on a kid being toted by the suspicious? You'd be wrong.

Not a liberal...

TSA agents groping blond haired 6 year olds is pedophilia... They're hiring deviants and borderline mentally handicapped individuals for these kind of child groping jobs... To prepare everybody for the "Police State" that's being planned....

Old 06-04-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Yes... Exactly...

Not a liberal...

TSA agents groping blond haired 6 year olds is pedophilia... They're hiring deviants and borderline mentally handicapped individuals for these kind of child groping jobs... To prepare everybody for the "Police State" that's being planned....
I am astounded that you think that TSA employees are hired without background checks. I am further astounded that you think the TSA knows exactly when to put the pedophiles on duty. lol

Old 06-04-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Yes... Exactly...

Not a liberal...

If it was black, asian, or hispanic child would you be so outraged? Do you really feel right in stating that the TSA hires deviants and mentally handicapped individuals to grope children?

Old 06-04-2011, 10:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Did Obama create the TSA? I do hope you know the answer to that.
Obama: 'Frustrations' with TSA pat-downs - Travel - msnbc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies