Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 10:19 PM

1,027 posts, read 827,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Maybe to white folks but to this African American, and I am sure to the vast majority of black folks, considering this add had no positive affect on the targeted audience, Cain is just the same old, same old tool for the white conservative agenda. And this is coming from a black veteran, who has worked since he was 15 years old, has never received a dime from the federal government other than my veterans benefits, has been faithfully married to the same woman for 25 years, and has never had a child out of wedlock, all the attributes that Mr. Cain claims would give me reason to vote for a Republican. Unfortunately for Mr. Cain, Mr. Steele et.al., it is precisely because of these patronizing racist ads and the underlying mindset, that I would never in this lifetime ever vote for a Republican.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 10:20 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,881,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Oh yea the "No Leaders" thing .

Just find it funny your answer was "I dunno ask him" when I asked what YOU thought...seemed drone-ish to me
You asked me who I thought was on this Democrat plantation, we went over that about 65 times yesterday in the other thread about Herman Cain dedicated to that comment alone. There's nothing drone-ish about that, it's called getting tired of dealing with the same ignorant questions asked by the same ignorant people over and over again, at some point you either have to prove that you're worth my time or I'll just move on and talk to someone who's smart enough to talk to.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Maybe to white folks but to this African American, and I am sure to the vast majority of black folks, considering this add had no positive affect on the targeted audience, Cain is just the same old, same old tool for the white conservative agenda. And this is coming from a black veteran, who has worked since he was 15 years old, has never received a dime from the federal government other than my veterans benefits, has been faithfully married to the same woman for 25 years, and has never had a child out of wedlock, all the attributes that Mr. Cain claims would give me reason to vote for a Republican. Unfortunately for Mr. Cain, Mr. Steele et.al., it is precisely because of these patronizing racist ads and the underlying mindset, that I would never in this lifetime ever vote for a Republican.
This 5 year old radio ad had nothing whatsoever to do with you never voting for a Republican.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You asked me who I thought was on this Democrat plantation, we went over that about 65 times yesterday in the other thread about Herman Cain dedicated to that comment alone. There's nothing drone-ish about that, it's called getting tired of dealing with the same ignorant questions asked by the same ignorant people over and over again, at some point you either have to prove that you're worth my time or I'll just move on and talk to someone who's smart enough to talk to.
This is a NEW THREAD is it not?

And in all honesty I don't remember asking you who you thought was on the democratic plantation yesterday...but no need to disprove that lie of yours Il just take your word for it.

How is a question asking about a candidate you would be inclined to support ignorant?

Your continuing avoidance of who YOU think is on the "Democratic Plantation" is puzzling though...

So because I would never vote "Conservative" I shouldn't inform myself?

I know my enemy VERY well.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
This is a NEW THREAD is it not?

And in all honesty I don't remember asking you who you thought was on the democratic plantation yesterday...but no need to disprove that lie of yours Il just take your word for it.

How is a question asking about a candidate you would be inclined to support ignorant?

Your continuing avoidance of who YOU think is on the "Democratic Plantation" is puzzling though...

So because I would never vote "Conservative" I shouldn't inform myself?

I know my enemy VERY well.
I'm not avoiding anything, if you want an answer go back and read what's already been posted.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:29 PM

38,723 posts, read 26,528,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Sho nuff homey!

What's "black radio" and am I, a "typical white person", allowed to listen to it?

If I, a "typical white person", listens to "black radio", is it still "black radio"?

Old 06-04-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This 5 year old radio ad had nothing whatsoever to do with you never voting for a Republican.
You ever ask a black person WHY they don't vote Republican...I know you said they all love handouts? Correct me if I misquoted you.

But seeing as how the vast majority of blacks HAVE JOBS AND PAY TAXES.

It must be something else...

In 10 years you'll wonder why Latinos don't vote Republican either

Old 06-04-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What's "black radio" and am I, a "typical white person", allowed to listen to it?

If I, a "typical white person", listens to "black radio", is it still "black radio"?

Is Herman Cain's Audience mostly black?

If not then a "Typical white guy" should be able to listen..I wish it was on in my market so I could.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

You didn't get your letter in the mail telling you not to listen anymore? Next thing you know you'll be getting a call for a "not the father" episode of Maury.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
You ever ask a black person WHY they don't vote Republican...I know you said they all love handouts? Correct me if I misquoted you.

But seeing as how the vast majority of blacks HAVE JOBS AND PAY TAXES.

It must be something else...

In 10 years you'll wonder why Latinos don't vote Republican either
People of all colors love handouts, it ain't just black people who have become addicted to living off of the government. Hell 47% of the American people pay no federal income tax at all, black people don't even make up 20% of the population.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-05-2011 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies