Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 10:38 PM

30,524 posts, read 19,029,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Maybe to white folks but to this African American, and I am sure to the vast majority of black folks, considering this add had no positive affect on the targeted audience, Cain is just the same old, same old tool for the white conservative agenda. And this is coming from a black veteran, who has worked since he was 15 years old, has never received a dime from the federal government other than my veterans benefits, has been faithfully married to the same woman for 25 years, and has never had a child out of wedlock, all the attributes that Mr. Cain claims would give me reason to vote for a Republican. Unfortunately for Mr. Cain, Mr. Steele et.al., it is precisely because of these patronizing racist ads and the underlying mindset, that I would never in this lifetime ever vote for a Republican.
That is precisely the defeatist attitude I would expect from one who has been convinced and conditioned by the left that they will never succeed due to their race. Sadly, you have digested the liberal pablum and have probably been poisoned as a result. My black associates (including my uncle) who have rejected this BS have done very well.

Take off the shackles of liberalism and perhaps the world would appear more free. Heck, today my son's best bud (a 300lb + massive black kid) and I had a chat over his "sleepover" about his goals to become a physician. The kid is smart as hell, but I advised him to use the available benefits of being a minority to gain an economic and academic advantage over his competition to achieve his goals. He and his parents understand that achieving goals is a battle- it requires planning and using every possible advantage. This kid will do VERY WELL because he and his parents have not bought the BS of liberalism, not because of its "benefits".

Embrace failure and you will find it. Be confident in yourself, work hard, and you will be successful. When you are older and have failed, you can look back with bitter conviction that the system screwed you and die a "happy", poor and bitter man. That sounds just wonderful and is, of course, the refuge of losers. I am of trailer trash origin and and have done very well in life. The difference between you and I is simply attitude- I know that I will succeed and you know that you will fail. Game over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 10:38 PM

38,802 posts, read 26,632,855 times
Default Yes, I am offended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You didn't get your letter in the mail telling you not to listen anymore? Next thing you know you'll be getting a call for a "not the father" episode of Maury.

Is it just me, or does the guy with the "hos" on the side sound European-American?

I say the other guy is white and YES, I AM OFFENDED!

I'm tired of being talked down to by the man!

Old 06-04-2011, 10:43 PM

1,027 posts, read 829,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
People of all colors love handouts, it ain't just black people who have become addicted to living off of the government. Hell 47% of the American people pay no federal income tax at all, black people don't even make up 20% of the population.

Why don't you explain to me why you don't vote Republican, how long have you been of voting age and have you ever voted for a Republican?

Unlike you I will ANSWER the question not say "I dunno ask Obama".

1.) I don't believe Muslims are trying to over run the United States.

2.) Pro Choice...Separation of CHURCH AND STATE conservatives conveniently ignore the constitution on that one..keep your RELIGIOUS IDEAS OUT OF GOVERNMENT!

3.) I believe in science- Stem Cells/Evolution etc...

4.) I don't think ISRAEL is ALWAYS RIGHT.

5.) I don't think we should gut Medicare/Medicaid

6.) I don't think Oil Companies need Billions in Tax Breaks

7.) I think being Mock DROWNED is TORTURE.

8.) I think being an "elitist" or "Academic" is a compliment not a SLUR.

Tell me if you need more I can go all day.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
You ever ask a black person WHY they don't vote Republican...I know you said they all love handouts? Correct me if I misquoted you.

But seeing as how the vast majority of blacks HAVE JOBS AND PAY TAXES.

It must be something else...

In 10 years you'll wonder why Latinos don't vote Republican either

I think in two years you'll be wondering why black and Latinos can no longer be counted on to toe the party line.

Obama's support among blacks slips unexpectedly, Hispanics too - latimes.com

Old 06-04-2011, 10:49 PM

78,860 posts, read 47,010,566 times
Role models are hard to find, in the black communities all over the nation.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:50 PM

30,524 posts, read 19,029,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Oh goodness, not this again.

Plenty of black people point out this same stuff. No one has a problem with them because they, for the most part, understand that there is an intelligent and wise way to approach issues and then there is a ham fisted, bull headed way to do so. You might be able to stir up more controversy with the latter but you'll win more respect for the former.

No black people are going to listen to this ad and be so thankful for Herman Cain's condescension that they will consider voting for him. There isn't even any clear message being made at all except "Look how awful you are, vote for us".

Then they are lost. If they have lost confidence in themselves, then they have lost everything.

Liberalism is a modern plantation system in which "treats" are dispensed to a dependent population in exchange for votes. The "master" wants the "slave" to remain dependent to the politician for sustenance. The politician definately does not want the "slave" to become successful, as he will have no further need for the politician.

Wake up. Live free.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:50 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,899,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Role models are hard to find, in the black communities all over the nation.
Positive role models, there are tons of black role models out there but not people you want kids following.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Unlike you I will ANSWER the question not say "I dunno ask Obama".

1.) I don't believe Muslims are trying to over run the United States.

2.) Pro Choice...Separation of CHURCH AND STATE conservatives conveniently ignore the constitution on that one..keep your RELIGIOUS IDEAS OUT OF GOVERNMENT!

3.) I believe in science- Stem Cells/Evolution etc...

4.) I don't think ISRAEL is ALWAYS RIGHT.

5.) I don't think we should gut Medicare/Medicaid

6.) I don't think Oil Companies need Billions in Tax Breaks

7.) I think being Mock DROWNED is TORTURE.

8.) I think being an "elitist" or "Academic" is a compliment not a SLUR.

Tell me if you need more I can go all day.

How about you provide one that hasn't already been debunked?

Old 06-04-2011, 10:52 PM

78,860 posts, read 47,010,566 times
Quote:
You ever ask a black person WHY they don't vote Republican...I know you said they all love handouts? Correct me if I misquoted you.

But seeing as how the vast majority of blacks HAVE JOBS AND PAY TAXES.

It must be something else...

In 10 years you'll wonder why Latinos don't vote Republican either

Next, you will be telling us that MLK was a Democrat!!!!!

Old 06-04-2011, 10:52 PM

1,027 posts, read 829,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I think in two years you'll be wondering why black and Latinos can no longer be counted on to toe the party line.

Obama's support among blacks slips unexpectedly, Hispanics too - latimes.com

Yea and Jews wont vote for him again because he offended Isreal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies