Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of women wearing pants in the workplace?
I approve 36 87.80%
I disapprove 3 7.32%
Not sure 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 09:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
This poll might have been germane 40 years ago

A better poll would be:

I'm pretty sure they were upset when men began to wearing skirts in the workplace years ago. I'm just wondering if it still bothers them.

I wish I could rep you for that...+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 09:55 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
There are no clearly drawn lines to this. You obviously don't think a diaper-man should teach kids, so you too have your limits.
I think it's kind of funny to take women wearing pants to such a radical extreme.

You think people could actually use their judgement, I know it's a radical thought.

You think such strict gender guidelines would be a thing of the past, especially for some one with such an effeminate screen name.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:01 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I am minding my own business, if a woman wants to wear pants she should wear pants. If a guy wants to wear a dress go for it. None of that has anything to do with what you said though, in the grand scheme of life men are attracted to women and women are attracted to men. Sure there are some variations of that and combinations as well but at no point did the "norm" change.
Fair enough, but back to the original point, if you can't see that the guy had a frat mentality, then either you're not very acquainted with that subculture, or you're a little too acquainted.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:02 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The question isn't about wearing diapers. It's about women wearing pants in the workplace.
My apologies! I drifted from the "men in dresses thread" and didn't know it.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they were upset when women began to wear pants in the workplace years ago. I'm just wondering if it still bothers them.
Did they ever? Prove it.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:05 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You're making a huge assumption that a woman wearing pants automatically makes her more masculine which just isn't the case.

Exactly!

I would add a Scot doesn't appear more feminine because he is wearing a kilt, but this is very different from what AUM is advocating which is transvestism.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:06 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Default Do social conservatives still frown upon women who wear pants in the workplace?

I can't speak for social conservatives but I can speak as a independant person; I have no problem with women wearing pants, it's a nice look, I do believe they even make pants and pant suits just for women ain't that nice? It's not even a masculine look.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:11 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Exactly!

I would add a Scot doesn't appear more feminine because he is wearing a kilt, but this is very different from what AUM is advocating which is transvestism.
Actually the fact that men wear kilts and women wear pants, depending on culture, goes to show that "transvestitism" is something of a fictional concept, related to the fictional concept that clothes have gender. "Transvestitism" is nothing more than buying whatever clothes you like. It's the free market at its finest.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:14 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
No, that's okay. If you don't get it, then you just don't. I don't think the conservative brain can understand nuance very well, so it would probably be a waste of energy to go into it any further.

"Nuance"?

Is that what the kids are calling bull sh*t these days?

Old 06-04-2011, 10:15 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Honestly what's a man card, and why do you assume that the guy is (or should be) into women in the first place?

Are you going to maintain that fraternity mentality all your life? It doesn't wear well on an old man, or a serious professional for that matter.

A man card is the connotative term for masculinity.

I assume this guy is into women because 90% of men are into women. I will take that 10% chance that I'll be wrong.

If by fraternity mentality, you mean "will act like a male for the rest of your life," the answer is yes.

I don't think you need to tell me whats professional or unprofessional because men acting like women is unprofessional and weird. Hopefully if you're open-minded enough to accept men in dresses, you're open minded enough to at least my right to my opinions and views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies