Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:44 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
You do understand that most "Black" Universities started when "Black" people were unable to attend most institutes of higher learning correct? These colleges and Universities accept any student that wishes to attend.
I didn't think the OP understands this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That's certainly interesting but take a look at this gallery of the recent commmencement at Hampton University. It appears that someone needs to step in and force these racists to have a more diverse student body.

Hampton University : 141st Commencement Gallery : Gallery 2

These are pictures taken from an historically blaick unversity. There is nothing stopping students from other ethnicities and races from attending Hampton University.

Now if you could submit some proof that Hampton University was REFUSING to admit Whte, Asian, or Latino students based on race you'd have a legitimate grievance.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:47 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
That's certainly interesting but take a look at this gallery of the recent commmencement at Hampton University. It appears that someone needs to step in and force these racists to have a more diverse student body.

Hampton University : 141st Commencement Gallery : Gallery 2
Ok. The thread is now officially designated as a TROLL.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:50 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,147,548 times
Such foolishness people, get a grip. Some dink who needs to blame others for his/her own shortcomings is nothing new. HBCU's are called that because they have always been Historically Black. Oddly it wasn't an acronym created by the black population, just another attempt at segregating them from the rest of America's colleges and universities. Needless to say, anyone can attend an HBCU just like they can attend and Predominantly white institution which is what other institutions are referred to being. On average, HBCUs are more diverse than Predom. white colleges and universities, quit your griping over nothing and look in the mirror.

BET, seriously? So there's a station catered to the black population, and....WE, Oxygen and the Ophrah channel are catered to women, white women to be exact, is there anything wrong with those stations? Telemundo is catered to the hispanic population, is there anything wrong with that? Seeing has how you didn't mention that odds are you don't so shut up already and grow a pair.

Affirmative Action? You do realize the biggest beneficiary of AA since its inception has been white women right? After all it was geared to try and level the playing field for WOMEN and minorities; not just those blacks. I swear slow dimwitted mugwamps get a computer and don't know what to do with themselves.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:51 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
These are pictures taken from an historically blaick unversity. There is nothing stopping students from other ethnicities and races from attending Hampton University.

Now if you could submit some proof that Hampton University was REFUSING to admit Whte, Asian, or Latino students based on race you'd have a legitimate grievance.

Please quote the post where I said that any university is refusing admission to white students. Please post the thread where I stated I have a grievance. Liberals constantly say that divesrity is important so why are there black universities if this is truly the case?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
So if thats racist because people of one color are in a group then this group is all racist too. Right?

RNC ’08: Whiter than White on Rice in a Glass of Milk on a Paper Plate in a Snowstorm!*|*Don Palabraz

Right- there are no black republicans- thanks for letting me know

Old 06-05-2011, 11:55 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Quote:
Please quote the post where I said that any university is refusing admission to white students. Please post the thread where I stated I have a grievance. Liberals constantly say that divesrity is important so why are there black universities if this is truly the case?
Maybe some blacks kinda like going to school with other blacks.

Is it OK with you if they continue to do that?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Wow I took you for a conservative Evangelist

Never met a right wing Atheist before...odd

This is what happens when ignorant self-proclaimed intellectually superior liberals continually stereotype. I'm pro-choice as well. If you want an abortion why is it my business?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Maybe some blacks kinda like going to school with other blacks.

Is it OK with you if they continue to do that?

Is it OK if some whites kinda like going to school with other whites? Of course not because that would be racist. They need diversity don't they?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:57 AM
k_s

405 posts, read 896,286 times
Quote:
Leaving off the "historically" part insinuates that other races are unwelcome. Anyone is welcome to apply and enroll at an HBCU.

And if you weren't so pressed about it, you wouldn't be posting about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies