Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:00 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
This is what happens when ignorant self-proclaimed intellectually superior liberals continually stereotype. I'm pro-choice as well. If you want an abortion why is it my business?

Well you fit the other stereotypes perfectly from your posts so your mostly there.

If your not religious stands to reason your Pro-Choice..so you made no great distinction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 12:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachgeek View Post
I hope you weren't using this to say there isn't diversity in this class because there are 10 pages of pictures and if you go past page2 you would see ALL of the people that took part in the commencement.

It looks like there are about maybe 1% non-black students in those pictures. If diversity is so important why are there 99% black students at that school when blacks represent roughly 13% of the U.S. population?

Old 06-05-2011, 12:03 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,290 times
Quote:
Is it OK if some whites kinda like going to school with other whites? Of course not because that would be racist. They need diversity don't they?
You said that. No one else said that. I saw an add for an online Christian dating service. Is that a site for bigoted zealots? No.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_s View Post
Leaving off the "historically" part insinuates that other races are unwelcome. Anyone is welcome to apply and enroll at an HBCU.

And if you weren't so pressed about it, you wouldn't be posting about it.

Frankly I don't care who goes to any school. Unfortunately not everyone has that attitude. Most liberals place a huge importance on diversity. Why is diversity so important? Obviously the students attending these mostly black schools don't think it's very important. Are they getting a lower level education because of a lack of diversity?

Old 06-05-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
You said that. No one else said that. I saw an add for an online Christian dating service. Is that a site for bigoted zealots? No.

I think someone (IE: you) need a little dose of reality.
Thanks for posting. I enjoy comedy.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
It looks like there are about maybe 1% non-black students in those pictures. If diversity is so important why are there 99% black students at that school when blacks represent roughly 13% of the U.S. population?

Are you suggesting that Hampton go out into the suburbs and kidnap white high school graduates and force them to enroll at Hampton?

Perhaps you can point to a white college that did the same to increase their minority enrollment.

If you can't answer those questions honestly, one can only at the conclusion that you are nothing but a troll.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:07 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,290 times
Quote:
Because those are the people who apply. If you've got some evidence that these schools are denying application to those who aren't black, by all means provide it.

The majority of those in nursing programs are woman. Is that because the schools don't want men in them, or because women apply for these programs far more than men? I'd say it's the later.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:08 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Default " It Otay Ya'll Causin It Ain't Nuttin To It " ... " I Heerd Dem White Folks Be All "Racist" Fer A Long Spell !

Quote:
You do understand that things have changed slightly in the last hundred years or so correct? Other colleges and universities are forced to accept students through affirmative action. Why can these schools have one race overly represented? Aren't these students who attend these schools missing out on the purported benefits of a diverse student body?
Rick Roma ... !!! Precisely !

Indeed ...The utter hypocrisy regarding this matter is absolutely unprecedented for these days and times !

It truly appears that all dat good ole "racial diversity" is jest fer certain color blighters and ain't meant at tall fer dat utter color bunch ah folks !

It all otay ... causin tha white folks will jest has ta understand it all ! Otay !

Upon further consideration ... This incredulous matter appears to be perhaps one of the most horrendous examples of "Racism" within a country
whose "asleep at the switch government" claims that the good people in the States have acheived an oh so wonderful state of so called diversity!

Certainly the good folks in the States are not so blind that they cannot deduce such a blatant and shameful level of the "Promotion Of Racism" as this !!!

May this nations loyal and patriotic citizens wake up very, very soon and effect the extremely great changes that are so desperately needed to re-establish the America that our "Founding Fathers" intended along with the great "Pride" of being an American citizen !

I have no doubt that the "Good Folks" in the States can accomplish this great undertaking !

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 06-05-2011, 12:13 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,150,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Rick Roma ... !!! Precisely !

Indeed ...The utter hypocrisy regarding this matter is absolutely unprecedented for these days and times !

It truly appears that all dat good ole "racial diversity" is jest fer certain color blighters and ain't meant at tall fer dat utter color bunch ah folks !

It all otay ... causin tha white folks will jest has ta understand it all ! Otay !

Upon further consideration ... This incredulous matter appears to be perhaps one of the most horrendous examples of "Racism" within a country
whose "asleep at the switch government" claims that the good people in the States have acheived an oh so wonderful state of so called diversity!

Certainly the good folks in the States are not so blind that they cannot deduce such a blatant and shameful level of the "Promotion Of Racism" as this !!!

May this nations loyal and patriotic citizens wake up very, very soon and effect the extremely great changes that are so desperately needed to re-establish the America that our "Founding Fathers" intended along with the great "Pride" of being an American citizen !

I have no doubt that the "Good Folks" in the States can accomplish this great undertaking !

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar
What the hell was that? Old Sgt. needs a college or a university. Sounds like old sarge wants to go back to the old cliche' white is right mentality folks.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:13 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Is it OK if some whites kinda like going to school with other whites? Of course not because that would be racist. They need diversity don't they?
Nobody has complained about the fact that some White people may want to go to school with other White people. The issue has been the fact that for quite some time there were colleges and universties in this country that refused to admit Black Americans or discriminated against them.

If you want to go to a college that is 80% to 95% White I'm sure there are some out there the meet your criteria.

So what's your complaint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies