Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:58 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

This is just another foolish thread started by the chief Obamabasher.

I'm offended. I thought I was the chief Obamabasher. What more can I do to regain that esteemed title?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Federal Reserve Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Federal Reserve Board made up of public officials appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate

Absolutely correct and what you are hiding is that the President cannot replace them once confirmed. Unlike a federal department, the Fed is independent and the President cannot fire the members. If memory serves, Obama nominated only one member on the entire board.

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Did all of you just wake up after a decade asleep? Where were you when this was happening:
Thats not the topic of the thread, but are you going to sit here and pretend people didnt blame Bush as well?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Thats not the topic of the thread, but are you going to sit here and pretend people didnt blame Bush as well?
I assume then that bashing the President for any convenient reason is the topic of the thread.

I'm merely pointing out the obvious, the dollar falls in half when Obama isn't President and we don't hear a peep out of the right-wing. Once Obama IS the president, it can move within a 20% range and the right-wing is up in arms. This is false outrage and as I shown, has nothing to do with Obama.

The right-wing are a bunch of hypocrites.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Absolutely correct and what you are hiding is that the President cannot replace them once confirmed. Unlike a federal department, the Fed is independent and the President cannot fire the members.
So your defense now is that Obama only hires the board, and what they do after they take over the board, Obama holds no blame for?

Translation: You think Obama didnt do his job reviewing the qualifications and plans for those he nominated.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I'm merely pointing out the obvious, the dollar falls in half when Obama isn't President and we don't hear a peep out of the right-wing. Once Obama IS the president, it can move within a 20% range and the right-wing is up in arms. This is false outrage and as I shown, has nothing to do with Obama.
So you dont think the public was upset in the mid 2000's, including Republicans? Care to tell me why they ousted a Republican Congress in 2007?

The hypocracy here is on the left, who rolled over daily moaning and groaning about how Bush caused the price of oil to skyrocket, but now tried to proclaim the Presidents control nothing.

Do you have anything to discuss in regards of the report, or are you going to sit here and keep distracting to off topic issues because you dont want to discuss it?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
The topic is about monetary policies on an issue that has been seen before. It is logical to include such policies and issues from the past.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM

I know the craziness of this stuff isn’t as easy to point out as the birther thing, but it’s in the same league.

This gets at the heart of the current pundit problem. If you say that one of our two major parties has gone completely off the deep end, you’re considered shrill and extreme. But if you don’t say that, if you pretend that these are reasonable but different views, then you’re fundamentally lying about reality.

That's why I must say The GOP has done off the deep end.
Quote:
So you dont think the public was upset in the mid 2000's, including Republicans? Care to tell me why they ousted a Republican GOP then in 2007?
You are oh too funny with you grasping for straw argument. Now you want us to believe that voters carefully follow monetary policy. Oh please.

Of course, nobody has stated the obvious -- a lower dollar makes U.S. produced goods more attractive for export, which accounts for the recent improvement in the US manufacturing trade position.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The topic is about monetary policies on an issue that has been seen before. It is logical to include such policies and issues from the past.
Actually no, its discussing the Obama monetary policy and the particular report, which begins in 2008..

Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Actually no, its discussing the Obama monetary policy and the particular report, which begins in 2008..
Well, if you find yourself obligated to discussing only Obama, nobody's stopping you. But, others have every right to call you out on the stupidity at display, the unwillingness to engage in a debate. The particular report you speak of is being challenged for similar reasons. If gas prices are high now, no balanced minded person would deliberately ignore history, and lessons learned, and debate about a policy without being open to a perspective and evidence from the past. But hey, to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies