Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:42 AM

839 posts, read 2,415,390 times

Advertisements

I don't think the political left has a monopoly on avoiding direct answers. Avoidance, deflecting, and ignoring are truly bi-partisan....

Why? Because I don't think any of our so called leadership really has a clue about how to solve any problem facing us today. The only thing any of them seem to be able to do is blame the other party.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 09:48 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,840,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is an outstanding example of a politician dodging and avoiding a question from a TV talking head. Notice the use of a wide smile to help in the avoidance.

YouTube - ‪Democrat Leader Nancy Pelosi Ignores A Question About Democrats Lacking A Plan On Medicare‬‏
I've now watched this short clip several times. Where was the wide smile?

Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,287,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Well, Pelosi's botox-paralyzed face might be mistaken as a "wide smile" I suppose?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,243,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenScoutII View Post
I don't think the political left has a monopoly on avoiding direct answers. Avoidance, deflecting, and ignoring are truly bi-partisan....

Why? Because I don't think any of our so called leadership really has a clue about how to solve any problem facing us today. The only thing any of them seem to be able to do is blame the other party.....
The Dems have ignored the fact that the Medicare thing in the proposed Republican House budget was just a part of a proposed budget. I never hear any of them saying anything about any other part of the budget process but then they have managed to go nearly a full two years without a budget and they were in control of both houses in 2010 when the second one was passed up.

It is time for them to start thinking about the United States and not what may be a good campaign argument for 2012. Open the eyes and see what they are doing and why.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:03 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,796,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You're guilty of that. No? (That is a question)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
OP, by not responding to the questions above, you're practicing what you intended to preach against.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:04 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,287,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The Dems have ignored the fact that the Medicare thing in the proposed Republican House budget was just a part of a proposed budget. I never hear any of them saying anything about any other part of the budget process but then they have managed to go nearly a full two years without a budget and they were in control of both houses in 2010 when the second one was passed up.

It is time for them to start thinking about the United States and not what may be a good campaign argument for 2012. Open the eyes and see what they are doing and why.
Again, the Dems are doing EXACTLY what the Reps did with the Health Care Law..... The Reps went on about "Death Panels" and how bad the bill was without ever making a serious counter-proposal... They did REALLY well in the mid-terms using this tact....

The Dems watched and learned and are doing the same thing now....

Isn't politics grand?!!!

Maybe one of these days they'll actually try to accomplish something other than securing re-election for themselves...

Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,779,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
At least we know the right's chosen and accepted method of avoidance is "Well, I don't remember" Bill Clinton should've taken it to heart, he could've saved himself a whole bunch of trouble had he just developed a more selective memory.

A selective memory? He said "I never had sex with... (what is her name), that woman. That was to congress and 100M people watching. When busted he convinced many that "their sexual act" wasn't sex at all.

Pretty frikkin selective if you ask me.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:50 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,656,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Again, the Dems are doing EXACTLY what the Reps did with the Health Care Law..... The Reps went on about "Death Panels" and how bad the bill was without ever making a serious counter-proposal... They did REALLY well in the mid-terms using this tact....

The Dems watched and learned and are doing the same thing now....

Isn't politics grand?!!!

Maybe one of these days they'll actually try to accomplish something other than securing re-election for themselves...
Perhaps they should pass a bill called, TERM LIMITS!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:15 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,222,904 times
There's a difference in a C-D poster not answering a question, and a publicly elected politician not answering,...or can no one see that? Seems Roysoldboy posted a link for discussion, but most just want to attack the messenger instead of the message.

Anyone want to comment on the fact that Pelosi is dancing around the question like a chicken on a hot stove?

Well,...the dimocrats had control of both houses and the White House,....knew there was budgetary problem but could EVEN get their own party to agree how to solve the problem. Now the dimocrats want to dodge the question and point fingers at opposition party, just hoping no one remembers the dimocrat failure. And,...where's the dimocrat plan for Medicare? At least the opposition party HAS one.

It's easy to criticize the opposition party's proposals,....especially if you don't have a plan.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:23 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,271,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
There's a difference in a C-D poster not answering a question, and a publicly elected politician not answering,...or can no one see that? Seems Roysoldboy posted a link for discussion, but most just want to attack the messenger instead of the message.

Anyone want to comment on the fact that Pelosi is dancing around the question like a chicken on a hot stove?

Well,...the dimocrats had control of both houses and the White House,....knew there was budgetary problem but could EVEN get their own party to agree how to solve the problem. Now the dimocrats want to dodge the question and point fingers at opposition party, just hoping no one remembers the dimocrat failure. And,...where's the dimocrat plan for Medicare? At least the opposition party HAS one.

It's easy to criticize the opposition party's proposals,....especially if you don't have a plan.
Post of the week here. And I totally agree. The issue is about the liberals not having any clue or idea what to do with Medicare, even though they know its bankrupting the country.

The republican's may not be perfect and their plans may not be perfect. HOWEVER, at least they have the balls to discuss it and confront the issue. If NO ONE does, the United States will go bankrupt. The liberals want to expand a program, which is near default as it is; thus forcing it into default quicker.

You can scream and yell, stomp your feet, and hold your breath about: Two wars, corporate welfare, et al. It's not going to get you anywhere. Those issues aren't going away and neither is the fact the United States will be bankrupt, unless Medicare and Social Security SPENDING get under control. Either that, or standby for the largest tax increases known to world kind.

There is NO OTHER way around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies