Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 05:08 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times

Advertisements

Universal health care, strong union membership, high taxes, extensive social programs.

Proving everyday that right wing rhetoric is B.S.

US doesn't make cut for happiest nations list - Business - World business - msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 05:12 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
I must be psychic because I had an image in my head today that I would read about the happiest countries. I've had many other same of occurrences happen to me in the past couple weeks. I'll think about it and have it happen later on. Weird.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Well in that article is one item that helps them be happy..one the US cannot do.

From your link:
"The happiest people in the developed world get loads of social services without having to work too hard. Having abundant natural resources, a thriving services sector and a fairly homogeneous population helps as well. "

Old 06-06-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well in that article is one item that helps them be happy..one the US cannot do.

From your link:
"The happiest people in the developed world get loads of social services without having to work too hard. Having abundant natural resources, a thriving services sector and a fairly homogeneous population helps as well. "
So Texas would even be better for you if they didn't have all those blacks and hispanics and you could live among "your people" ?

Nice.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:19 PM

475 posts, read 814,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Universal health care, strong union membership, high taxes, extensive social programs.

US doesn't make cut for happiest nations list - Business - World business - msnbc.com
lol

that's' why CANADA#2.. just voted in a conservative Majority Government! We've been governed by the conservatives since 2006.

Americans complain about the price of gas in the US I'm sure you would hate to pay for it in NORWAY lol lol lol

lol liberals....

Old 06-06-2011, 05:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
So Texas would even be better for you if they didn't have all those blacks and hispanics and you could live among "your people" ?

Nice.
So that's your comment eh ? Deflect, finger point and attack the messenger ?

Smaller homogeneous populations do better. That's just a fact.
That Utopia you laud about in other countries could NEVER happen here.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
lol

that's' why CANADA#2.. just voted in a conservative Majority Government!

Americans complain about the price of gas in the US I'm sure you would hate to pay for it in NORWAY lol lol lol

lol liberals....
Conservative FOR CANADA!

There will always be a struggle for the center in every country between their left and their right. Denmark has "Conservatives".

That has nothing to do with validating your radical right wing ideology here in the USA.

And yes, I would give my right arm to have my family raised in Norway.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:21 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
How happy are Venezuelans and Cubans?

Old 06-06-2011, 05:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

LOL!!

They are all on the verge of riots in the streets, because they can't afford it.

Greece, Italy, the UK.... Even Germany said enough, is enough!

Old 06-06-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So that's your comment eh ? Deflect, finger point and attack the messenger ?

Smaller homogeneous populations do better. That's just a fact.
That Utopia you laud about in other countries could NEVER happen here.
Well you will not rid Texas of the Hispanics that bring you down so much.

But that has nothing whatsoever to do with treating workers fairly, and providing health care for all citizens and having the rich pay their fair share of the budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies