Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 12:22 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,208,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm a conservative and my mother (who is a liberal) and has a master's degree in education and has been out of out work for nearly 2 years now. She's been trying her best to find a job and nothing's been working. She has applied to many different states, cities, counties, and has still baited nothing. She has even applied out of country. She's an EXTREMELY hard worker and I love and respect her tenacity to not give up. I'm currently unemployed myself. We live a one-bedroom apartment with my sister (who's in college) and my little brother who is 7. We've all been trying to find a job. My sister just recently got employed by Wendy's and we've been thanking God for this break because we didn't know how we were going to survive. Now it's me and my mother's time to try once again. We all support each other despite these hard times and try our best. If that's not concern, I don't know what is. The problem is ignorant people such as yourself that pigeonhole others based on their political beliefs and have the nerve to call someone else names because you think that all of them are the same or have the same beliefs. My advice to you is grow the hell up and have some damn compassion for other people. Yes, even us heartless conservatives. At least have some understanding and common sense about when you decide to open your mouth and spew your crap.
Do you have concern for people in similar straits who are not related to you? That is where compassion is, because nearly everybody has concern for their mother.

Quote:
I'm a conservative. I know two people that have committed suicide due to long-term unemployment. In both cases, their spouses left them also. I know a third person whose depression was so bad that she is now suffering serious health issue and is in long-term convalescent care. My husband was out of work for two years also. I watched his emotional health take a nosedive. These were all people who previously had worked hard their entire adult lives.

I want to say to the unemployed, "Don't give up. It will get better. Think about the people who love you." It's so difficult to see so many people suffering right now. To the spouses of th unemployed, I want to say, "You are their lifeline. Don't leave them, now is when they need you most."

I think we have different ideas about how to solve our economic problems, but to accuse people of not caring doesn't help anyone.
I hear you and good for you to care about others but look at the posts here, elected officials, conservative icons, etc. and you can see why the accusations in many situations come from demonstrable evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 12:26 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,772,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Do you read the details of the BLS reports ?

We lose good paying white collar and mfg jobs and gain service and leisure jobs.

Max UE is more than full time in "leisure" which means min wage.

If you made 75K last year and got fired would you line up at McD's for a 7.50/hour job with no full time guaranteed or take that $400/week UE ?

$400/week is more than $312/week. And that allows them to work off the books for more money.

I know 2 folks doing that. They are doing this to make as much money as they can to cover their bills. They are not out to SCAM the system, but try to make money to make up for those white collar salaries.

For many..McDonalds doesn't cut it
And how long has it been since you were mocking those jobs at McDonalds?

Old 06-07-2011, 01:06 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,161,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I don't care what anyone says, there are jobs out there if you look. The problem is that people don't want to work b/c it's easier to just take UE.
Sure, there's jobs out there, but are there enough for the unemployed?

Old 06-07-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What Do Conservatives Really Think About The Unemployed?
Screw em, that is what they think and yes it is simple as that.
Casper
That's probably the way it is.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:09 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,004,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
Do you have concern for people in similar straits who are not related to you? That is where compassion is, because nearly everybody has concern for their mother.

I hear you and good for you to care about others but look at the posts here, elected officials, conservative icons, etc. and you can see why the accusations in many situations come from demonstrable evidence.
Those aren't conservatives, they are just garden variety A-holes.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:10 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Lately, many conservatives have been posting about unemployment figures.
Do the conservatives have any empathy for the unemployed? I think not. It's just another stone they can throw at the current administration.
Mostly, conservatives don't give a damn about the unemployed, unless they, themselves, are unemployed.
So, their 'concern' is just a phony front.
What Bull S**5!!!! Go out and try to employ some of the "unemployed" that are on welfare and/or (some) who's benefits haven't yet run out!

The best way we can fix unemployment is:

1. Get BO and the Dems off the backs of free enterprise with taxes, rules, regulations, etc., etc.

2. Get rid of illegal immigrants and force the unemployed and welfare recipients to work for their check...they can fill all those jobs the illegals are holding now.

That's for starters! Government...get out of the way and get back to "ONLY" staying within the boundaries set out by our Constitution which does include authority over immigration.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Given your disdain for Conservatives at large your personal assumption with which to start a trolling thread is not surprising.
Thanks for your say-nothing unintelligent post! .

Old 06-07-2011, 01:18 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,465,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Lately, many conservatives have been posting about unemployment figures.
Do the conservatives have any empathy for the unemployed? I think not. It's just another stone they can throw at the current administration.
Mostly, conservatives don't give a damn about the unemployed, unless they, themselves, are unemployed.
So, their 'concern' is just a phony front.
You are the phony. I am conservative that is unemployed. So my "concern" is phony? Pretty sure that it is real.
I hate all these trolls, that think they know conservatives, like the back of their hand. Please

Old 06-07-2011, 04:14 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,917,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
I'm not saying it should impact you in any way, and I'm not saying that working at McDonald's or Walmart is necessarily degrading. They are jobs, after all. But I do take exception to the picking trash up of the highway stuff, because that's kind of considered the realm of prison work. Somebody who's unemployed but otherwise relatively successful shouldn't have to do that, as it serves no purpose other than to degrade them.
Does it not serve the purpose of putting some dollars, even if it's fewer than you might want, or feel you deserve, into your pockets while you pick up & look for the job your skills & education command? Some of the jobs I have held, and my father held, taught me that no job is degrading if it keeps you from being a debtor, a beggar, or a thief. Further, no one says they HAVE to do that. Everyone is welcome to remain unemployed. But it impacts me if someone chooses to remain unemployed & collecting any sort of government benefit instead of taking that demeaning job, as that benefit is taxpayer funded, and I pay taxes.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
You are the phony. I am conservative that is unemployed. So my "concern" is phony? Pretty sure that it is real.
I hate all these trolls, that think they know conservatives, like the back of their hand. Please
It's understandable that you are concerned about yourself. I already mentioned that in the third line of the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies