Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Weiner be gone within the next 2 weeks
Yes 25 53.19%
No 16 34.04%
Not sure 6 12.77%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
THAT's who he looks like! Thank you!

Glad I could help. Wonder if Zach, Slater and Mr. Belding have bailed on him like Pelosi and Reid have. I hear that Kelly Kapowski is standing by him, she's a true friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 03:33 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Did you admit that you were wrong and apologize to Breitbart yet, since you were one of the three most vocal critics?
So he was right one time out of five on major stories. He still has a long way to go to overcome his low credibility rating. But, yes, he was right in this case. I'd still rather be me---willing to believe people are innocent until proven otherwise---than be like a lot of people on this forum who are ready to hang someone up by the proverbial balls on the slimiest of information. The truth always comes out in the end but in the meantime innocent people like Shirley Sharrod can get hurt by half truths spun out by people like Breitbart and by people who jump the gun in believing everything they hear.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:35 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
I'm so tired of sex scandals. Maybe one day we'll learn that none of us are saints or angels. Probably the majority of people engage in some sort of sexual activity that others would consider scandalous if they knew about it. Wiener's conduct in this matter was shameful, first of all because he's married and his actions were disrespectful of the vows he made to his wife, and secondly because he tried to lie and cover it up when he was found out. I'm not one of his constituents, and it's up to his constituents to determine if they still want him as a representative. I do hope those constituents will make up their minds thoughtfully.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:36 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Stick a fork in Weiner he's done!

Old 06-07-2011, 03:52 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Stick a fork in Weiner he's done!
That would hurt!

Old 06-07-2011, 03:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
The pressure is being applied to his junk, as we speak.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
So he was right one time out of five on major stories. He still has a long way to go to overcome his low credibility rating. But, yes, he was right in this case. I'd still rather be me---willing to believe people are innocent until proven otherwise---than be like a lot of people on this forum who are ready to hang someone up by the proverbial balls on the slimiest of information. The truth always comes out in the end but in the meantime innocent people like Shirley Sharrod can get hurt by half truths spun out by people like Breitbart and by people who jump the gun in believing everything they hear.

Someone needs to be taken to the wood shed! It has been awhile for ya, has it.
It is past due, it seems

Old 06-07-2011, 04:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's crazy that people are judged so harshly for these types of things. My god - he didn't do anything illegal. Like many politicians, he's energetic and has a strong sex drive - unlike many of the stodgy, puffed up prudes on this forum.

I'd prefer not to elect my representatives based on their sexual drive. When the seriousness of holding office is trumped by sexual prowess and poor behaviour, it's time to find someone better.

If we held officials to a higher standard of ethics (as they should) we wouldn't have the problems we have on the scale that we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What is funny to watch, is the phony righteous indignation being displayed from left and right.
Sad is the lack of any indignation at all from the extreme left. It's almost like you cheer his actions, that lying is a good thing, and certainly ruining his marriage seems to matter not. Nothing like a pov that requires zero morality whatsoever. If this is progress you need a new PR firm.

The wheels are coming off the progressive agenda and this is just one more BUMP in the road for you guys.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:08 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,681,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Link? The most vocal woman, Megan something or other said that the pictures were unsolicited, that's no different than a flasher, that's sexual harassment. Honest question, why is this okay with you? I mean do you actually think that a man sending naked photos of his erect penis is okay? Or is it just the fact that he has a (D) after his name? C'mon, you're better than this.

You really like saying erect penis don't you lol?

Old 06-07-2011, 04:13 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
You really like saying erect penis don't you lol?

Not really, in fact I puke a little in my mouth every time I write it, but sometimes you gotta tell it like it is, y'know, shine the light on the cockroaches to expose them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies