Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Weinergate
True 35 32.71%
False 72 67.29%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
It means nothing to you, elected officials are held to a higher standard. Maybe we should expect more from elected people in ALL parties.
WRONG! Elected officials are no more or no less fallible than anyone else in society. Grow up. Life isn't a fairy tale. This guy sent a naughty picture to some woman on the internet.........it's not like he molested a choir boy for crying out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 07:58 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So placing the blame on others is expecting more from that person?

re-read what i wrote and see if you have the same response.

i dont blame democrats for the actions of one idiot. all elected officials with an ethics or common decency issue should be held accountable for there own actions.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:58 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
WRONG! Elected officials are no more or no less fallible than anyone else in society. Grow up. Life isn't a fairy tale. This guy sent a naughty picture to some woman on the internet.........it's not like he molested a choir boy for crying out loud.

BOTH are the SAME when the person is trying to HIDE IT from blackmailers.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:01 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,065 times
Quote:
So by your high level of thinking people can just do what ever they want with no recourse?

He lied about it like a child, calling anyone that questioned him a jackass. Once he knew he was backed in a corner he created, he finally admitted it. He isn't the slightest bit sorry he did it, he is only sorry he got caught. An adult like myself knows the difference.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:02 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I guess I was wrong.
It's OK, we're used to you being wrong....

Old 06-07-2011, 08:08 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Anthony Weiner is a reflection of the idiotic American voter who is more worried about some pencil neck nerd who showed his penis to a skank than what's going on in their own country and the systemic problems affecting it. This side show is a distraction and is akin to the nipple preview from Janet Jackson during the superbowl.........>>IN OTHER WORDS WHO CARES! We had a President that got a blowjob in the oval office and he never resigned. We had a NY governor use prostitutes and he got a t.v. show. Wake up America! My god.......seriously...........you know how many thousands of married men all over the world are sending naked pictures of themselves to women on the internet.........and you know how many married women are doing the same damn thing? It means NOTHING!
So you're perfectly fine with the leaders of our nation being a bunch of corrupt liars with no morals or ethics...? If you can't trust wienies wienie, how can you trust the rest of him..?
As far as "Who Cares", I think the people of America cares. We need to eliminate the slime balls destroying the country.. Tiny Tony will be a civilian in very short (sorry about the pun) order...!!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:08 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Anthony Weiner is a reflection of the idiotic American voter who is more worried about some pencil neck nerd who showed his penis to a skank than what's going on in their own country and the systemic problems affecting it. This side show is a distraction and is akin to the nipple preview from Janet Jackson during the superbowl.........>>IN OTHER WORDS WHO CARES! We had a President that got a blowjob in the oval office and he never resigned. We had a NY governor use prostitutes and he got a t.v. show. Wake up America! My god.......seriously...........you know how many thousands of married men all over the world are sending naked pictures of themselves to women on the internet.........and you know how many married women are doing the same damn thing? It means NOTHING!
I've seen that nipple and was unimpressed.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Anthony Weiner is MARRIED to a woman who is part of Hillary Clinton's staff. Huma Weiner....get it.........was in a position to being blackmailed to apply pressure on Hillary who represents OBAMA.
Sure, its a bit of a stretch, but I get it.

You understand that this is nowhere NEAR the definition of someone's action being a "reflection on" someone else, right?

Old 06-07-2011, 08:13 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Sure, its a bit of a stretch, but I get it.

You understand that this is nowhere NEAR the definition of someone's action being a "reflection on" someone else, right?

I don't blame Obama for this, but if he does not request that Weiner resign then he will be complicit and part of the problem.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:24 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,932 times
no it's not a reflection of the entire party, nor are some of the losers on the Republican side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies