Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Rep. Anthony Weiner resign from Congress?
yes 113 71.97%
no 38 24.20%
other 3 1.91%
not sure 3 1.91%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:48 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Weiner was caught. So is your point that there should be no ethics hearings in the House even after someone is caught? No accountability for unethical behavior whatsoever? Really?
I said NO such thing and have NO need for you ascribing words to me I didn't say.

I will say: IF he broke any law, prosecute him but Congress has gotten to the point where speaking of ethics is close to oxymoronic and 'ethics' in itself is a very subjective term. If no law was broken let his constituents decide if he continues in Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 10:49 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Either that or he should have sent the pictures to a man... he could have always taken a page from the Kennedy playbook and just had the girls drowned.
Nah, "Well, I don't remember" gets ya off the hook with Republicans.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:51 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Other.

Leave it up to his constituents. It's their call.

//subject to the ethics investigation, which is of course appropriate.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:53 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
Amazing (not really) - some of the loony c-d lefties defend the indefensible. No morals, no soul. Ideology over everything.
Did Sanford, Ensign, Vitter or Craig resign? I do think Weiner should resign but, I guess it's differant if the party in question isn't a Dem?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:53 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
No. And this is stupid. Nobody should resign over their private life if they haven't broken any laws. Utter ridiculousness. Who should be ashamed are the people who think the line of questioning Congressman Weiner has been subjected to is appropriate and anybody's business. If conservatives want to make private, legal sexual indiscretions an issue for their representatives that's their problem. It's so obvious why the right wing has to dwell and drudge up anything they can on democrat sex lives: It's because they know they can't win the political argument. They have to get someone in a corner so they feel compelled to lie about sex and not any real violation of the law and so they get him on the lying part. I'm tired of these idiots.

So I really don't give a **** what he did in his private life as long as he didn't break any laws. I'm glad he lied. I'm glad Clinton lied too. Good. I applaud it. It's none of anyone's business. Private life questions should be automatically off limits. Period. And that goes for conservatives who've had sexual indiscretions that didn't violate laws too. You want to make it news? Go open up a tabloid rag and peddle your "scandals" to the uneducated masses.

then why are democrats always want republicans to resign when they get caught doing something they should not be doing in their private lifes?

pot,kettle, black.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:54 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
I dont see why he should and I hate the guy. He's a bed-wetting liberal and if his bed-wetting constituents want Congressman Dickpic (who no one is ever going to take seriously now) as their representative let them have him. Hell, Ted Kennedy killed someone and got to keep his job.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:55 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I said NO such thing and have NO need for you ascribing words to me I didn't say.

I will say: IF he broke any law, prosecute him but Congress has gotten to the point where speaking of ethics is close to oxymoronic and 'ethics' in itself is a very subjective term. If no law was broken let his constituents decide if he continues in Congress.
So you think former Speaker Pelosi was wrong to call for a House ehtics investigation? Is that correct? Do you think that it is only up to constituents and that there is not standard of ethics to be met within the halls of Congress itself? Should the House and Senate just dissolve their ethics committees altogether?

Is filing a false police report a crime?

Is using a taxpayer funded Congressional office and phone to solicite women unethical?

Is repeatedly and intentionally lying to other Congress members and to the American people who are affected by the votes he casts just to cover his own backside unethical?

Can a Congress person who has intentionally betrayed the trust of the American people be trusted to have access to classified documents?

Care to answer those questions?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:56 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Default Throw in the towel, Weiner boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
He lied, he instructed others to lie for him and he used his staff to attempt a cover up of his pathetic lies. He'll be gone by Friday if he's smart, it's gonna take some time to work out the details of his divorce.
Agreed. Lies and deceit. With a beautiful wife at home to boot. First he said his account was hacked, then he said the photos may be his...Then I wake up this morning and get the paper and...Yikes! If he owned up to it at least i would have given him at least some credit for that.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:57 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Ethics violations? Like Gingrich? (who was convicted of 83 ethics violations). As someone said "pot meet kettle". Party affiliation should have no bearing on it. Wrong is wrong.

Last edited by msina; 06-07-2011 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-07-2011, 10:58 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Last_2009 View Post
I agree. And the Democrat Party is protecting him, because he is a hero to their cause.
Typical right-wing response.

There is no such thing as the "Democrat Party".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies