Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:20 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul - introduces bill to remove all income taxes on TIPS.

So lets see in this troubled economy who would help people more Obama or Paul in 2012.
Obama would be more interested in bailing out his wall street goldman sachs buddies and GM and PAUL destorys the IRS code and gives the people at chance to keep what they earn. I pick Ron Paul's method anyday. Restore PEOPLES economy freedom not corporation tax breaks which would be proposed by Mitt R and OBAMA and the usual big government thinkers.

Campaign For Liberty — Ron Paul on Taxes and Tips

Rep. Ron Paul pub crawl battles tip tax - NYPOST.com

Ron paul 2012 for liberty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 02:22 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

So lets see in this troubled economy who would help people more Obama or Paul in 2012.
Obama would be more interested in bailing out his wall street goldman sachs buddies and GM and PAUL destorys the IRS code and gives the people at chance to keep what they earn. I pick Ron Paul's method anyday. Restore PEOPLES economy freedom not corporation tax breaks which would be proposed by Mitt R and OBAMA and the usual big government thinkers.

I agree with this.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:24 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
My daughter would be VERY happy with this. She makes $2.13 per hour. Her restaurant has them claiming all their tips. Even when she has a "good" night, tip-wise, the taxes take about half of them. Her hourly rate gets pretty bad. Then they have them come in a "clean" and they can't make tips during that time but they still only get the $2.13 rate.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
*removed*..wrong "tips". I thought it was Treasury TIPS

Old 06-07-2011, 02:29 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
If Ron Paul cared about workers in that income range he wouldn't be voting against raises in the minimum wage and advocating legislation destroying union bargaining leverage. .

The worst thing in the World a poor person could do is let Ron Paul and those that think like him take their benefits away.

Lower paid workers in Europe have had it better than low paid American workers for Decades and they do the exact opposite of what Ron Paul advises.

He may be wise in is social libertarianism but his economic advise is looney.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:31 PM

41 posts, read 28,894 times
Agree? They need to pay their fair share. SourD you sound like a communist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I agree with this.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:32 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

YES!

You see, Ron Paul is actually intent on helping the people directly; not through Obama's imaginary, watered down sleight- of- hand card trick of I'll take your money and then give it to the corporations and trust they will give a small portion of it back to you and use the rest to fund my campaign!

Old 06-07-2011, 02:33 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
If Ron Paul cared about workers in that income range he wouldn't be voting against raises in the minimum wage and advocating legislation destroying union bargaining leverage. .

The worst thing in the World a poor person could do is let Ron Paul and those that think like him take their benefits away.
Ron Paul does care about workers and is advocating on their behalf.

Raising the minimum wage will reduce job opportunity and Unions are not opportunity themselves. They don't bargain on behalf of anybody other than the bosses. Even those union benefits are bankrupting either local governments or companies who are obligated to fund them - - > Detroit

Ron Paul is advocating making a living the American way... Earn it!

Old 06-07-2011, 02:34 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic89 View Post
Agree? They need to pay their fair share. SourD you sound like a communist.
Nothing will make the economy better than giving US tax payers more money to put back into the economy. They should have done that with TARP instead of giving it to the banksters.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:34 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

I agree to an extent but the problem with unions is they have become just as corrupt as the private sector they lament against. This is also something I hate about Ron Paul. He never seems to hold any accountability or culpability for corporate greed. It's always the invisibile hand of the "free market" that is going to save the day. Everyone pursuing their own self interest. yeah right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies