Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

It seems that the media has taken the opportunity to keep us up with Weinergate and talked about China and their beginning to destroy our economy. I wonder why this would be. Somehow it appears to me that they just take up whatever they think most of the fools in this country thinks is the best thing to talk about and Weenie Weiner won this time. Maybe it was to keep us from knowing that in the last week, China has been buying food companies in Europe, pouring money into Latin America to influence food, minerals etc. Maybe they just didn't want us to know that China had sold all their short term American bonds or other things like that.

I believe it was done to keep us from realizing that some in our government are willing to help China destroy our nation, but no matter, it is sick that the media has hidden what China was doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 09:30 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,167,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that the media has taken the opportunity to keep us up with Weinergate and talked about China and their beginning to destroy our economy. I wonder why this would be. Somehow it appears to me that they just take up whatever they think most of the fools in this country thinks is the best thing to talk about and Weenie Weiner won this time. Maybe it was to keep us from knowing that in the last week, China has been buying food companies in Europe, pouring money into Latin America to influence food, minerals etc. Maybe they just didn't want us to know that China had sold all their short term American bonds or other things like that.

I believe it was done to keep us from realizing that some in our government are willing to help China destroy our nation, but no matter, it is sick that the media has hidden what China was doing.
I would agree with you. For the most part, the media covers things that are either irrelevant, useless information, distractions or nonsense. Too many unimportant things are sensationlized (likely for ratings). But, maybe this is the kind of stuff that the average American wants covered. I know I don't.

I want covered what matters to me and effects my life and the future of our country. What China is doing behind the scenes is likely very relevant to our future and could effect us negatively.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Ethnic tensions between Han Chinese and ethnic Mongols and civil unrest/rioting in the Inner Mongolia region of China got a tiny bit of coverage.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:09 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
FT Alphaville » China’s uncollateralised, cash flow-less, local government loans

Old 06-07-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Ethnic tensions between Han Chinese and ethnic Mongols and civil unrest/rioting in the Inner Mongolia region of China got a tiny bit of coverage.
I didn't know that China was very important at the time you speak of but then I don't lean as far left as you do.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
I would agree with you. For the most part, the media covers things that are either irrelevant, useless information, distractions or nonsense. Too many unimportant things are sensationlized (likely for ratings). But, maybe this is the kind of stuff that the average American wants covered. I know I don't.

I want covered what matters to me and effects my life and the future of our country. What China is doing behind the scenes is likely very relevant to our future and could effect us negatively.
I am sure that the media did just what our lefties wanted done when they ignored China last weekend and threw all that crap about Weenie Weiner. This has worked so well for them and been so sad but then the way the lefties here have acted they got just what they wanted and nothing more.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I didn't know that China was very important at the time you speak of but then I don't lean as far left as you do.
I'm talking about June 2011.

Inner Mongolia beset by ethnic conflict - CNN

Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 PM

You found a relatively worthless link, as far as my post was concerned but I would prefer to talk about China selling those short term bonds, buying up European food companies and throwing money at minerals, food, etc in Latin America since these are more important to the well being of the US.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post

I don't know how they do those things I mentioned behind the scenes but maybe the media was so taken in by the Weenie Weiner story that they just failed to see the real stories that we should have heard about.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
That is a great story. Had you heard about it before I took a swing at what the media has been doing about Weiner? Somehow I don't think so.

Oh well, ethnic problems in China may result in some practice for the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies