Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:28 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
And that is why the feds need to put a great big whopping tarrif on these goods. You will soon see Americans companies start up to fill the market needs. I would really like to see that outside of NAFTA we do not need to import one single thing. sure we shpuld allow imports into the country but to make it a level playing field the tax applied to these goods should be equal to the difference in costs of producing them. In other words if the Chinese want to sell their goods tax free here than they have to pay their employees the same as ours and live up to the same regulations that our companies have to.
Well, for the most part it is American companies that order the stuff there. It is not so much the Chinese who want to sell their stuff in the US, it is Western and Japanese companies that for profits' sake produce in China.

The problem with the US is that US-made products are either of mediocre quality themselves or of high quality, yet not affordable to most people.
And one of the reasons many Chinese products are crap is that most Chinese are very little loyal towards their employers, they don't like their jobs and thus hop from one company to the next as soon as they get a better offer. And who can blame them, I would not want to work at Foxconn and build iPxds the whole day long, either. And that's even one of the better companies, there are many that are worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 01:31 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Default China Wants To Construct A 50 Square Mile Self-Sustaining City South Of Boise, Idaho

Will it have a wall all the way around?

If so, it could be called Wally World.

Don't know if the Chinese would be able to pronounce it, though.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:37 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
There is absolutely nothing interesting about this at all. I believe the last estimates are .40 to .50 cents of each and every tax dollar, go to the interest on our national debt. China is owed most of that debt.

Learn Mandarine and Cantonese...Its the wave of the future.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:17 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Learn Mandarine and Cantonese...Its the wave of the future.
Would this be learn or be forced?? Kind of strange Americans are being asked to change their official language, in their own country.

first Spanish and now.................

Old 06-13-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Would this be learn or be forced?? Kind of strange Americans are being asked to change their official language, in their own country.

first Spanish and now.................
Of course not within the US
But even globally speaking, I would never learn any Chinese language, they don't sound nice to my ear to put it mildly, nor am I interested in Chinese culture or anything else Chinese. Would just not be worth the effort, most young and international Chinese people such as businessmen or engineers speak English anyway, and increasingly so.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:50 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
They already have polluted half their ground water in China and just today there was a report another million people in China lost their drinking water.

That ground water will eventually/possibly has already, polluted the food we feed our pets. Ingredients from China can be legally (per. FDA) be left off pet food labels. Truth about Pet Food website gives pertinent information regarding Chinas ability ,aided by greedy U.S. corporations, to keep you from making informed choices for the health and life of you pets.

I don't know how to post links yet, I'm new to the whole forum thing. Started posting after my cat died, guess how.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:00 PM

One-child policy or not, there are simply too many Chinese living in a relatively small area, basically the Eastern half of the country, the Western half is sparsely populated for the time being.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:48 PM

383 posts, read 641,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
That ground water will eventually/possibly has already, polluted the food we feed our pets. Ingredients from China can be legally (per. FDA) be left off pet food labels. Truth about Pet Food website gives pertinent information regarding Chinas ability ,aided by greedy U.S. corporations, to keep you from making informed choices for the health and life of you pets.

I don't know how to post links yet, I'm new to the whole forum thing. Started posting after my cat died, guess how.
I'm sorry about the loss of your cat. But the ingredients are on the package, in other words read them. I have show dogs, and I spend a lot of money on food.....it's worth it.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:16 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Of course not within the US
But even globally speaking, I would never learn any Chinese language, they don't sound nice to my ear to put it mildly, nor am I interested in Chinese culture or anything else Chinese. Would just not be worth the effort, most young and international Chinese people such as businessmen or engineers speak English anyway, and increasingly so.
Oh good you had me thinking......push 3 for Chinese

The only thing that I see here,when a culture takes over another culture, they destroy all that, that culture represents.

Can't believe, that America could actually become, an Asian Country.

It's like we have it coming from all sides.

Annie Get Your Gun!!

Old 06-13-2011, 07:40 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,695,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
» China Wants To Construct A 50 Square Mile Self-Sustaining City South Of Boise, Idaho Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

China Wants To Construct A 50 Square Mile Self-Sustaining City South Of Boise, Idaho

Thanks to the trillions of dollars that the Chinese have made flooding our shores with cheap products, China is now in a position of tremendous economic power. So what is China going to do with all of that money? One thing that they have decided to do is to buy up pieces of the United States and set up "special economic zones" inside our country.
After I saw 'Alex Jones' in there, I called shenanigans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies