Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:10 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Hello! Anyone who wants to pay more taxes, please do so NOW and at will!!!

No one is stopping you!!!!

If you think the idiot government run by idiot politicians is more qualified to control your dough than you are, PLEASE don't waste precious time on CDF that you could be using to write big fat checks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 03:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
How many people have I judged and mocked for their inability to find work? Zero.
Who have I judged and mocked? Point out the posting, and while you are at it, again, how many people have you hired? You must have missed the question on the last posting..

Old 06-08-2011, 03:16 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Who have I judged and mocked? Point out the posting,
here ya go

Quote:
Lesser evil to live in a crime ridden area, than going to get a job.
Apparently people live in the projects because they are unwilling to work? All of them? I'd say that qualifies as a "judging and mocking" statement.

Quote:
and while you are at it, again, how many people have you hired? You must have missed the question on the last posting..
Relevance???

Anyway, kudos for hiring people. Good to know someone is. Something tells me you're awful to work for, but hey, better than nothing.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Apparently people live in the projects because they are unwilling to work? All of them? I'd say that qualifies as a "judging and mocking" statement.
I'd say your wrong. They make a choice to live there, (by your own admission), so clearly they choose to live there, rather than get a job. Remember your claim that taking from person A, and giving that money to person B, creates a demand, and thus creates jobs? YOU made this claim, and now by your own admission, there isnt jobs in the area, thus your argument falls flat on its face.
Quote:
Relevance???

Anyway, kudos for hiring people. Good to know someone is. Something tells me you're awful to work for, but hey, better than nothing.
You did ask me to hire "one", I did my part, and here we are with you telling me that you should take money from me, and give it to someone else, which would result in my laying off employees to pay for it.

If you had your wish, they wouldnt have a choice to work for me or not, you want to deny them that option by requiring I get rid of people so you can "take" it.. Thats pathetic. And the fact that you dont think people like to work for me, well thats their choice, until you get your way..

Old 06-08-2011, 03:24 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,383 times
Quote:
You did ask me to hire "one"
Well I'd hope you're able to hire every single "one" that you dare to lecture for not having a job.

Well, I'm calling it a day. Feel free to have the last word.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Well I'd hope you're able to hire every single "one" that you dare to lecture for not having a job.
I dont need to hire every single one, remember, according to you, taking from person A, and giving to person B, generates jobs.. We've taken tens of trillions from the private sector, anyday now, those jobs will come..

Old 06-09-2011, 05:29 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
So what you are advocating is absolutely no taxes right...on anyone for anything...right. I mean you earned it. Forget the fact that we need military, roads etc. etc. What utter BS>

Yes, that is utter BS...your post. I never said NO taxes. I have always said we NEED government.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
So why do you want to protect her from taxes?
I don't. I want to reduce government...by half. So I don't want to increase taxes on anybody because it's not necessary.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
No I don't want to do that, but if it were proposed, I can't say I would go out of my way to make it my personal mission to defend the wealthy and their wealth.

So then the question is: Why is it so important to some of you? Why do you feel so strongly about other people's unlimited wealth that you make it your own cause?

My cause is not the wealthy. I don't care what other people make.

My cause is limiting government.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:35 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
"We are writing to urge you to put our country ahead of politics. For the fiscal health of our nation and the well-being of our fellow citizens, we ask that you increase taxes on incomes over $1,000,000. We make this request as loyal citizens who now or in the past earned an income of $1,000,000 per year or more. Our country faces a choice - we can pay our debts and build for the future, or we can shirk our financial responsibilities and cripple our nation's potential. Our country has been good to us. It provided a foundation through which we could succeed. Now, we want to do our part to keep that foundation strong so that others can succeed as we have. Please do the right thing for our country. Raise our taxes".

Over 100 hundred millionaires have signed a petition to have more money taken out of their taxes, trying to start a movement to get all the rich who are getting tax cuts from Bush's failed economic policies to pay their fair share. Theres only one problem. The Republicans in office absolutely refuse to even entertain the idea. This is madness. Are they so jaded in their love for the rich and all the benefits that go with it that they won't even read the letter?

OpEdNews - Article: Rich Sign Petition to Pay More Taxes

Great!

They can just voluntarily pay more taxes. That is always an option for a tax payer.

For the 100th time (given that Obama's 2012 campaign will be about class warfare, given his economic failures), if we taxed "the rich" at a 100% tax rate (slavery), we would only generate an additional $900 billion in revenue. This would leave an annual deficit (under Obama) of $700 billion.

Given that slavery is currently illegal in America, perhaps liberals should look to other "solutions". Of course they will not, as they really do not care about the economy or the debt, they are all about class warfare and getting Obama re-elected in order to subject the nation to four more years of misery.

Possible real solutions-

1. VAT tax- 15% would generate $1.3 billion- far more than enslaving "the rich".
2. Increase medicare/social security eligibility to age 72
3. Increase medicaid co-pays to $20
4. Cut the military by 25% through closure of foriegn bases
5. repeal Obamacare
6. flat tax 25% with no deductions
7. Stimulate the economy, thus increasing revenues through-
a. open up US domestic drilling, coal, and natural gas
b. change US corporate tax structure to a "consumption tax" making the US much more desirebale for buisness
c. ban the EPA
d. eliminate class action law suits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies