Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:45 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Charity care is when you beg someone for money.
Yeah right, like you are doing by wanting taxes raised? LOL

The Left in this country are just dummies.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 09:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Seriously? Charity Care is a pool of money donated to the hospital from various charities that pays your medical bills if you can't.
And if it covered everyone's needs, there would be no need for any type of health care reform. Do you recall how some people in Arizona died b/c they couldn't pay for their transplants?

Old 06-09-2011, 09:47 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And if it covered everyone's needs, there would be no need for any type of health care reform. Do you recall how some people in Arizona died b/c they couldn't pay for their transplants?
They didn't exhaust all their options which is typical of the lazy sector in America, they want someone else to do it for them. If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:05 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't really think that many of these people have any idea what single payer means and if they did they would be against it.
Why don't you go ahead and educate us, the ignorant? I will look forward to it.

Quote:
I would say that you have no idea how Medicare pays. I can guarantee you that it is a lot less than requested by health care givers. I am embarrassed sometimes when I see what they pay compared to what they have had requested of them. Of course, you do know that any caregiver who wants to get one penny from Medicare has to agree to take what they get and not complain.
Why do you think that is? I would like to see the clues you have, that you claim we don't.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:22 AM

402 posts, read 589,596 times
Quote:
Where do you get the idea that ER care is free? You will get a bill if you use the ER. They will threaten your credit rating if you don't pay it.
ER care is free because they can't turn people away for not being able to pay. And to be real about it, the people who take advantage of this don't typically care about Their credit anyway. So they just ignore the bills.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
ER care is free because they can't turn people away for not being able to pay. And to be real about it, the people who take advantage of this don't typically care about Their credit anyway. So they just ignore the bills.
Untrue. ERs must stabilize anyone with a life-threatening condition before sending them to another facility. They do not have to treat everyone who darkens their doors.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:32 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Untrue. ERs must stabilize anyone with a life-threatening condition before sending them to another facility. They do not have to treat everyone who darkens their doors.
You mean those signs outside the door of the ER in my hospital aren't true? And here I thought that illegals had to be treated if they showed up there. I guess I just don't read signs well.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Where do you get the idea that ER care is free? You will get a bill if you use the ER. They will threaten your credit rating if you don't pay it.
Because those on government medical and illegals use the ER as default medical provider and dont pay their bill (you cant get a bill if you use a false address or move every 3 months, you think ppl that go to the ER for sniffles care about a credit rating?). The ER can not refuse service, but have a difficult time collecting.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Because those on government medical and illegals use the ER as default medical provider and dont pay their bill (you cant get a bill if you use a false address or move every 3 months, you think ppl that go to the ER for sniffles care about a credit rating?). The ER can not refuse service, but have a difficult time collecting.
Know your emergency room rights - MSN Money

If you're not having an emergency, then the hospital emergency room does not have to treat you. The hospital most likely will direct you to your own doctor or to a less-intensive-care setting, such as a community health clinic.

You can, of course, do an extensive search yourself, but I can assure you that is the essence of the law.

People on "government medical", e.g. Medicaid, have a pay source, so the ER does get paid something.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:49 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
You mean those signs outside the door of the ER in my hospital aren't true? And here I thought that illegals had to be treated if they showed up there. I guess I just don't read signs well.
Everyone who comes gets a medical screen exam.
That is what the law says.
If they have an unstable medical problem, they must be stabilized/treated.

But you come in with a cold or a cut or a splinter or wanting an std check...that is NOT an emergency, and they can ask for payment up front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies