Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 02:42 PM

18,324 posts, read 18,928,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Interesting proposition. So now you believe woman should have a mental health check up before they are allowed to deliver a baby?
nice spin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 02:43 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,701,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Your little map is very vague on details to say the least. Roe v Wade itself, the law of the land, imposes restrictions on late term abortions. The states you speak of probably have not altered those restrictions.

And......you have repeatedly stated you are against late term abortions.....and that would include the examples I provided.

Late term abortions have severe restrictions.....which you choose to ignore. You just don't seem to want to look at real life situations and what is really at play when a late term abortion is preformed. The government cannot legislate every single circumstance......doctors that are right there at the scene often have a hard time deciding whether a woman may or may not die if they do not intervene. THAT is one very valid reason why the government has no business trying to make that decision.

One woman may want to risk her life to give birth.....another woman may not. Deciding whether or not you want to risk death is not any of the government's business. That can ONLY be the woman's decision.....and how dare anyone propose taking that right away.

Nope, the map is pretty clear. i would be happy to answer any question for you. You are making assertions about Roe you can't possibly support since you are wrong. There are very few restrictions on post viability abortions in most states.

Now, if you are proposing a total ban on all abortions post vialbility except when the mother is in danger of death I would be willing to sign onto that. Unfortunately the pro abortion crowd is not.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:44 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,097,201 times
Default pro-lifers

Quote:
Please review the map I have posted listing post viabilty abortion availability by state. You will see there are several states that have no restrictions most have paper thin restrictions. I have regard for all life, it is disconcerting that the militant pro abotionists have no regard for life after viability.

Have no regard for life after birth! They choose to pull funding from ALL social services including those providing food, housing, protection and education. When you and yours provide after care once a human life is actually delivered into the world.....we might actually listen to something you have to say. Until then we shall fight you every step of the way, in every state of the union. You have just begun to wake the sleeping giant of prochoice women.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
nice spin

Spin? LOL, I repeated what was wrtten. Crazy mothers should not have children.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:45 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,520,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvolson View Post
Does the Government have ANY business involving itself in the abortion issue?
how does someone ask such a silly question? if you are pro-life, you think abortion is murder. murder should be prosecuted.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Have no regard for life after birth! They choose to pull funding from ALL social services including those providing food, housing, protection and education. When you and yours provide after care once a human life is actually delivered into the world.....we might actually listen to something you have to say. Until then we shall fight you every step of the way, in every state of the union. You have just begun to wake the sleeping giant of prochoice women.
Why don't you try having one debate at a time. However if you would like to go down this road, please support your assertion "They choose to pull ALL social services ".

Old 06-09-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
as annie pointed out women who undergo a late term abortion are women who want their babies but either the baby or the mother life is at risk. mental health? you want a woman to have mental problems because she can't "handle" her personal situation? should she be forced to give birth and raise a severely deformed child that will die shortly after birth?

caring about viability is one thing. I doubt you will find any pro choice person advocating terminating healthy babies at 7 or 8 months alone no matter what state they live in. nor will you find a doctor in the states without restrictions willing to do one on a healthy infant and baby. the states with no restrictions...if your 2007 list is still current have no restrictions so women won't have to travel out of state should the need arise. not because they "kill healthy babies"
Who cares if they advocate it? They won't prevent it.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:49 PM

Default well written,missy

Quote:
it is that cut and dry. with the anti choice movement doing all it can to get roe v wade repealed. you are either for the civil rights of women or not. you either think a woman's body is your business or you don't.

the "exceptions to the rule" is not yours/ours to contemplate. that for the woman and her doctor alone. it is not a state issue at all. every woman no matter what state she resides has the right to medical care in her own geographic area.

new attempts from antichoice folks requiring sonograms, waiting periods or not teaching the procedure in medical school will not be accepted.

far too many of our grandmothers, mothers, sisters, aunts and friends have died from coat hanger and back alley. women will not let that era happen again
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
shore I don't see any problems with this poster post #99 in reply to mine

I don't either. In the post you both agreed the fetus has rights once it reaches viablity.

From your post.

"until a developing pregnancy can be viable outside the womb it really has no rights"

Old 06-09-2011, 02:50 PM

Default Seriously

Quote:
I didn't forget to answer the question. People will continue to do illegal things despite the fact that they are illegal. I feel sympathy for women who do stupid things.

Do you feel any sympathy for the 750,000 girls who are aborted each year?
How would those 750,000 girls know they were aborted???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies