Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:17 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Spin?

Some times things are just as they appear, no mystery, just excuses to deny it if it's not convienent for you to do so.

To an earlier post;
Rape as a defense of abortion?

I'll bet the vastly overwhelming abortions have nothing to do with rape, nothing whatsoever.
Just another attempt to defend the defenseless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 10:22 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Spin?

Some times things are just as they appear, no mystery, just excuses to deny it if it's not convienent for you to do so.

To an earlier post;
Rape as a defense of abortion?

I'll bet the vastly overwhelming abortions have nothing to do with rape, nothing whatsoever.
Just another attempt to defend the defenseless.
a pregnancy from rape may not be the overwhelming majority but it does happen, you wanna just gloss over it or do you think these woman should have to carry to term, labor and deliver?

Old 06-10-2011, 10:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
But that is part of Life and being a mother.

"Feeding off another human being..."
Is that what a baby is in your mind ...a leach of some sort?

That says it all.

The things people come up with to refute reality in their minds knows no bounds.
So, what is reality? That a woman is nothing more than a brood mare? Does that also mean that barren women's lives have no value?

Sorry, I do not consider myself breeding stock, walking this earth with the sole purpose of procreating.

And yes, if a fetus is inhabiting my body against my will, I consider it a parasite......to be disposed of.....as soon as possible.

I never wanted children and I never felt it was my duty to provide a child for someone else who wanted one.

Reality is.....not all people want children just because YOU do. There is nothing abnormal about wanting to live your life childfree.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:40 PM

Reality is you should have your tubes tied then in that case.

Problem solved.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
a pregnancy from rape may not be the overwhelming majority but it does happen, you wanna just gloss over it or do you think these woman should have to carry to term, labor and deliver?

Not glossing rape over at all but find it odd that those that choose abortion by choice for other pregnancies use it to justify it.

Yes, I do think the baby should be carried to term.

Life's tough you know.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:

Problem solved.
what and how a woman does with her reproductive organs is none of your business.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Not glossing rape over at all but find it odd that those that choose abortion by choice for other pregnancies use it to justify it.

Yes, I do think the baby should be carried to term.

Life's tough you know.
life's tough? how callous you are. a 13 year old raped and impregnated by her father should be forced to have the baby. I bet you would be one of the first people in line for an abortion if this happened to you or your child or family member.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:46 PM

If a person says they don't want children but might get pregnant and chooses to kill the conceived child as a means of birth control after the fact instead of taking responsible measures beforehand what does that say about them and their "responsible" role is society?

I'd say outright sad and most selfish.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
life's tough? how callous you are. a 13 year old raped and impregnated by her father should be forced to have the baby. I bet you would be one of the first people in line for an abortion if this happened to you or your child or family member.

I'll bet you'd be mistaken.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:

Problem solved.
Easier said than done. Most doctors refuse to sterilize a woman who hasn't already had children.

A friend of mine tried when she was in her mid twenties.....no, no and no. She couldn't find a doctor to do it until she was over 30.

No such thing as sterilization on demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies