Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:27 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
sounds like a good idea

better to take a loyalty oath to your country, than to commit treason against your country

so you have a problem with oaths????
I do when you single out a certain group of people, as Cain is. What if Cain said he wants Whites to take an anti racism oath, would you be ok with that. Of course it will never happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,687 times
Cain is not retarded. Hes actually a VERY smart man.

He knows he has no chance of winning.

However he DOES have a radio show and his run for president is bringing him tons of viewers and Ad revenue.

So he is taking the Rush Limbaugh/Sara Palin path to fame by saying totally outlandish things knowing that this will bring him National media attention.

If hes lucky he will end up with a show on FOX taking about how Blacks and Muslims are destroying America while dodging the "racist" charge by saying hes black.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:30 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Jesse Ventura once said, after his governorship of Minnesota, that he'd never run again as a Republican or a Democrat. The reason? Because, in front of the cameras and in the media, most everything is a big, planned, scripted show. Behind closed doors, they're both told what to do by the same people and everyone's chummy.

Jesse Ventura has his faults but I have to say that I'm inclined to agree with him on this one. I have no proof, so I'm open to correction, but it IS worth thinking over. Even if the chummy part isn't true, being told what to do by the same group of people is NOT difficult to believe in the slightest.

Obviously. There's been no real difference in terms of national outcomes between Republican and Democratic politicians for decades now... The only differences are the stupid mess that the media focuses on. that a self-proclaimed "educated" country is so ignorant of the reality that the media spoon-feeds them what it wants them to hear and vehemently blackballs any reporters/journalists who bring different points of view to the table is somewhat appalling but not surprising.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Cain is not retarded. Hes actually a VERY smart man.

He knows he has no chance of winning.

However he DOES have a radio show and his run for president is bringing him tons of viewers and Ad revenue.

So he is taking the Rush Limbaugh/Sara Palin path to fame by saying totally outlandish things knowing that this will bring him National media attention.

If hes lucky he will end up with a show on FOX taking about how Blacks and Muslims are destroying America while dodging the "racist" charge by saying hes black.
He'll be laughing all the way to the bank, with the money from the teabagging fools who took him serious.

The only problem I see with him getting a show is that he lacks charisma, but then again so does Huckabee.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
sounds like a good idea

better to take a loyalty oath to your country, than to commit treason against your country

so you have a problem with oaths????

Both you and Cain are operating under the idea that its common knowledge that most Muslims report to a hive agency that conspires against America. If you actually believe that, then you should realize that America would be LONG GONE if there were ever a network of that scale working against us.

This is no different than when the government called the Black Panther movement - and by extension working class blacks - "the greatest threat to national security in the history of America". Do none of you ever notice that the government always picks the group they stand to gain something from extorting? I feel bad for those who don't connect the dots between our government's murderous oil campaign and our anti-muslim campaign that justifies it.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:37 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
An oath, yeah, that will fix everything...

Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Both you and Cain are operating under the idea that its common knowledge that most Muslims report to a hive agency that conspires against America. If you actually believe that, then you should realize that America would be LONG GONE if there were ever a network of that scale working against us.

This is no different than when the government called the Black Panther movement - and by extension working class blacks - "the greatest threat to national security in the history of America". Do none of you ever notice that the government always picks the group they stand to gain something from extorting? I feel bad for those who don't connect the dots between our government's murderous oil campaign and our anti-muslim campaign that justifies it.

Exactly...if even 1% of Muslims are actually true radicals then we would have no chance to stop them.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
An oath, yeah, that will fix everything...
Cain probably thinks that if the 911 hijackers took an oath when they entered the country they would have never gone through with the attack.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:42 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I don't think there is anything he can say that will surprise me at this point

Herman Cain Would Require Muslim Appointees To Take A Special Loyalty Oath | ThinkProgress
I am not surprised, he did work for the Fed, they are a bunch of control freaks.

The only oath needed by everyone in politics, is to uphold the constitution but we see how well they follow that one.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:42 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,650,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Obviously. There's been no real difference in terms of national outcomes between Republican and Democratic politicians for decades now... The only differences are the stupid mess that the media focuses on. that a self-proclaimed "educated" country is so ignorant of the reality that the media spoon-feeds them what it wants them to hear and vehemently blackballs any reporters/journalists who bring different points of view to the table is somewhat appalling but not surprising.
Absolutely. When I hear these same people call Christians "sheep," I just roll my eyes and laugh to myself for two reasons. First, because they're the pot calling the kettle black for exactly the reasons you mentioned. They've fallen for the brainwashing done by the media, government and big business. Secondly because they don't realize that, in Christianity, being called a "sheep" is a good thing. They, on the other hand, are what they Bible calls "the goats." Things don't turn out as well for the goats as they do for the sheep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies