Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 10:42 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times

Advertisements

Can't imagine that savage bullsh*t ever happening up in my peaceful part of northwest NJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 10:42 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,339 times
I blame Bush for all of this.....I think

Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
I blame Bush for all of this.....I think
Another member on here is blaming Obama, so all is fair.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Is he redistributing the money from the rich to the poor or is he blind to the plight of the poor.

I wish you guys would make up your minds. First he hates rich people, now he hates poor people. He's a racist who hates Whites, but he's another Hitler and Nazi. He's a Muslim yet his spiritual mentor is a Reverend.
I wish you would just admit that the national news outlets are negligent in not reporting the rising incidences of civil unrest in various cities.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:44 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Another member on here is blaming Obama, so all is fair.
ha ha ha

Old 06-08-2011, 10:53 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I wish you would just admit that the national news outlets are negligent in not reporting the rising incidences of civil unrest in various cities.
And it's all Obama's fault. See post below v

Old 06-08-2011, 10:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Maybe Obama's speeches on entitlement are coming too slowly for some people. They want it now.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times

YouTube - ‪The T-Mobile Dance‬‏

Old 06-08-2011, 11:07 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,744,821 times
Quote:
I didn't know there were various cities all named Chicago

No, it is not the president's job to be worried what happens on a local level - regardless of whether it's his hometown - because that's what the state and local government are for. If the local government can't handle it and the state government can't either, THEN it becomes Obama's problem.

I can't believe I'm explaining basic government structure to someone on a political board.

And why are you "glad" you don't live in Chicago? Presumably you wouldn't be living in the thick of the war-zone so what else would you not like about it that by your own admission also exists in your city?

Old 06-08-2011, 11:07 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,119 times
Quote:
Right you are. I should have asked why national news outlets are not reporting this mob crime trend. It is newsworthy and it is indicative of growing civil unrest under the Obama administration.
Nothing that you've posted would make even the most gullible Obama hater believe that this is some growing national trend of civil unrest. And can you piece together the correlation to Obama among the mob actions in Chicago?

You're really stretching here to the point of foolishness. Would you suggest that Obama send in the national guard? Seems like you'd be calling that the brownshirts if he did. And in my opinion it would be an overreach of a fascist gestapo for any president to intervene in such a piddling affair like this (especially given the history of violent crime over the last several decades that was/is much worse than this across much of our country ).

Would you suggest that Obama significantly alter the role of the federal agencies in local affairs without the local government requesting them? Again, seems like you'd be against that too...assuming you're a principled conservative and not a vote for whoever has the (R) behind their name hypocrite.

So instead of wasting time arguing...since you seem to think that this is some form of civil unrest I have to ask, what do you think that Obama should do? I have a feeling it will be crickets around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies