Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 10:40 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Actually, I just think you like to argue.

Yeah, you do that. Back to the rose garden with you.
We aren't arguing over content, quite the opposite I think we agree on a lot of things.

The only thing I've argued with you about is when you fabricated statements, attributed them to me and then got ground up into weasel-chow.

If you have to post lies so you have something you can then disagree with, then you have a bright career ahead of you in the political forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 12:35 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We aren't arguing over content, quite the opposite I think we agree on a lot of things.

The only thing I've argued with you about is when you fabricated statements, attributed them to me and then got ground up into weasel-chow.

If you have to post lies so you have something you can then disagree with, then you have a bright career ahead of you in the political forum.
Oh noooo, no political forum for me. I pop my head in there very rarely if it's something I'm really passionate about, but for the most part it seems just a place to insult one another.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Antoher Un dream .The Un is nothing but a debating body really.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:20 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Antoher Un dream .The Un is nothing but a debating body really.
But millions have died because of their debating and what they decided.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:26 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Which is fine, and legal and has nothing to do with this.
Is illegal, and although not likely, grounds for impeachment.
Also illustrates the progressive disregard for US sovereignty,which is very relevant as to where the UN small arms treaty is concerned.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 06-13-2011 at 01:35 PM..

Old 06-13-2011, 01:33 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
if Bammer really does agree with this, then this alone should disqualify him from being President.

He should step down now if he believes in this treaty.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
if Bammer really does agree with this, then this alone should disqualify him from being President.

He should step down now if he believes in this treaty.
Heh, let's not forget that Obama is a master politician that is real big on lip-service in order to get votes and campaign contributions.

Remember, Obama was going to close Guantanamo and get us out of Iraq and not be in the pocket of the banks and oil companies? Honestly, any of you that fall for any type of gun posturing I have a bridge to sell you.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:01 PM

BWAH HAH HAH HAH This is a good read. There are dozens of old threads like this floating around. They should re-name this the chicken little forum.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...president.html

Old 06-17-2011, 12:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBookworm View Post
It would help if you actually go to the UN site and read the documents rather than rely on what someone says the documents say. I own a lot of guns and don't feel at all worried about what I read there.

The purpose of the documents is to restrict the TRANS BORDER movement of small arms (most of which are/were produced in the USSR and China - the AK47)

No president can enter into a treaty without the advise and consent of the Senate. No president can enter into a treaty that overrides US laws.

Somebody is yanking your chain folks.
So many things that most of us didn't think could be done by our President have been done since January 2009. I think you need to take a look at what all has been done and then made ok by Executive Order. Maybe our Constitution is really in the way of progressives and will soon be done away with.

I will admit that the Kyoto Agreements were never approved by either the President or the Senate but our VP at the time took part in drawing it up and he has continued to side with everybody who has ever believed in global warming.

I take it you know that those global warming treaties sponsored by the UN are about to die.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
It will never be valid in the US, won't pass the "snif" test and even IF congress is dumb enough to ratify it and foolish President sign it....it will be tossed out by the SCOTUS.
Will there always be a panel of 9 people who can protect us with that scrap of paper? I think that we have neared the end of our nice place because we are slowly giving in to progressives and that Constitution is standing in their way. Of course, we don't know what day Obama and Biden will throw out the document with an Executive Order since they have been so successful with like things up to now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies