Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 07:48 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,273,502 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else seen this. Obama is in favor of it!

U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms - Larry Bell - The Bell Tells for You - Forbes

I can't believe that we have a President that believes a UN treaty should trump US laws. I am sure that some of our Congress critters will be more than willing to go along with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 08:52 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
If the UN, the congress, and the president are ready to kill half the US population in order to disarm them, perhaps they will realize their goal of enslavement. An armed society has been, and is, a huge roadblock for them. They've stripped our freedoms away in many other ways, but they've been largely unsuccessful at disarming us. They'll keep trying, though--because an unarmed populace is as helpless as baby seals are when they are clubbed to death.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:18 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
My answer to that is 3 words Declaration of Independence.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:06 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,485,774 times
Point well taken.

Over at SurvivalBlog dot com (highly recommended), James Wesley Rawles has proposed what he calls the Great American Redoubt, which is a place where real patriots can defend their freedoms and live as they choose. He has designated Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and the eastern portions of Washington and Oregon as the redoubt area.

Awfully pretty country out there. Now that nearby Utah has declared gold and silver as legal tender, makes you wonder why those folks are going stark raving SANE! The crazier that DC gets, the more states join in doing some pretty amazing things. Tends to give me a little hope.

There was a war between the states once in this country, and it's looking more and more like there will be another one someday. I know that a large percentage of Americans will not just roll over and cry "Uncle!".

Old 06-09-2011, 10:38 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post

U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms - Larry Bell - The Bell Tells for You - Forbes

I can't believe that we have a President that believes a UN treaty should trump US laws. I am sure that some of our Congress critters will be more than willing to go along with it.
Yes, Obama believes in the power of the UN over his limited power and requirement for Congressional approval on just about everything.

You have to remember that Hillary and Obama are both extremely anti-gun and always have been. They are globalists. If it is one thing the rest of the world abhors it is that American citizens own and carry firearms.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:06 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,854 times
Quote:

Yeah, all under the guise of fighting terrorism...I heard something like this was coming. Very scary. I think #4 is exactly what Hitler did. We all know how that turned out. More people need to wake the heck up and take a stand. Start exercising their constitutional rights.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:35 AM

133 posts, read 281,023 times
Quote:

It would help if you actually go to the UN site and read the documents rather than rely on what someone says the documents say. I own a lot of guns and don't feel at all worried about what I read there.

The purpose of the documents is to restrict the TRANS BORDER movement of small arms (most of which are/were produced in the USSR and China - the AK47)

No president can enter into a treaty without the advise and consent of the Senate. No president can enter into a treaty that overrides US laws.

Somebody is yanking your chain folks.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:34 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBookworm View Post
It would help if you actually go to the UN site and read the documents rather than rely on what someone says the documents say. I own a lot of guns and don't feel at all worried about what I read there.

The purpose of the documents is to restrict the TRANS BORDER movement of small arms (most of which are/were produced in the USSR and China - the AK47)

No president can enter into a treaty without the advise and consent of the Senate. No president can enter into a treaty that overrides US laws.

Somebody is yanking your chain folks.
^^^^^100% agree.

It's some guy twisting things to troll people on a hot button issue to drive traffic to his blog.

The same guys that said Bush was going to round people up into FEMA camps, the same guys that caused the great ammunition horde\storage after Obama got elected, the same guys that are posted all over these threads about confiscating gardens, guns, gold etc etc etc.

Really, some people are soooooo gullible and it makes it easy to put money in your pockets by playing off thier fears.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:24 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^^^^100% agree.

It's some guy twisting things to troll people on a hot button issue to drive traffic to his blog.

The same guys that said Bush was going to round people up into FEMA camps, the same guys that caused the great ammunition horde\storage after Obama got elected, the same guys that are posted all over these threads about confiscating gardens, guns, gold etc etc etc.

Really, some people are soooooo gullible and it makes it easy to put money in your pockets by playing off thier fears.
Yes, it's absolutely true. Nobody is ever an enemy to freedom. All is always well. There has never been anyone on the face of this earth who has ever had any desire to control another human being. Nobody has ever, is, or ever will attempt to restrict your rights.

There... does that make the warm fuzzies warmer?

Old 06-10-2011, 10:16 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Point well taken.

Over at SurvivalBlog dot com (highly recommended), James Wesley Rawles has proposed what he calls the Great American Redoubt, which is a place where real patriots can defend their freedoms and live as they choose. He has designated Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and the eastern portions of Washington and Oregon as the redoubt area.

Awfully pretty country out there. Now that nearby Utah has declared gold and silver as legal tender, makes you wonder why those folks are going stark raving SANE! The crazier that DC gets, the more states join in doing some pretty amazing things. Tends to give me a little hope.

There was a war between the states once in this country, and it's looking more and more like there will be another one someday. I know that a large percentage of Americans will not just roll over and cry "Uncle!".
Too bad sugar maple doesn't grow there well enough to tap trees and boil down. I expect there will be another Rev, perhaps sooner than later, the way things are going. The UN Blue hats are just another target as I see things. I most certainly won't abide any thing they call law.

That might even get me killed, but then the way I see things is I'ld rather recall the USA as it was, not how it will be. Since I am 59 soon to be 60 I don't have that long to wait anyway. My body wasn't one of the pampered bodies anyway.

I can't prove this, but no doubt some fooll will request a link that Obama is getting ready to take over and if he looses the next term will declare he is King any way, and so there is no question as I see thing he will do a 3rd term and 4th and continue till he dies of natural causes.

Not many will complain. I don't want to see that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies