Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 03:15 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,316,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I must have missed the memo, since when is it ten months now?
40 weeks.
Actually, it feels more like 20 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 03:16 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If a man can't pay, it's because he didn't prioritize, did he? I'll bet he made sure to spend his money on everything he wanted first, and then he turned his empty pockets out before the judge and said boo hoo.

The judge decides in each individual case based on income and time spent with child how much the non custodial parent needs to pay.
If a man doesn't want to pay for a baby, he should have the right to spend his money however he wants.

I don't ever expect to make enough money to afford a baby. But even if I did, I don't want to be told how to spend my money. Once my basic needs are covered, I should be able to spend my money on whatever I want.

It's not a matter of "how much can the male afford?"

It's a matter of "if the male doesn't want to pay, he shouldn't need to"

Old 06-09-2011, 03:20 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,377,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is if the dad doesn't want the baby.

while I have some areas of agreement with you over the inequity of the law, the above statement which seems to be your personal view is at best sorry and no good.

A man is not a man in my humble opinion if he will not take care of his children.

There are some things people do that I dont do that is simply do not have any judgement of them for. There are a very few things however that make me look on the person as sub-human.

Not taking care of your children is such a thing. Sub-human. My kids are my life. Someone who would father a child and walk away doesnt deserve to be free in society. period.

They should be marked have all civil protections removed from them.

and I am serious about that. I have spent too much time working with messed up kids with abandonment issues.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:21 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
If a man doesn't want to pay for a baby, he should have the right to spend his money however he wants.

I don't ever expect to make enough money to afford a baby. But even if I did, I don't want to be told how to spend my money. Once my basic needs are covered, I should be able to spend my money on whatever I want.
Word! Speak the truth!

As I said many times, child support is a sexist and feminist extortion system.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:22 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Word! Speak the truth!

As I said many times, child support is a sexist and feminist extortion system.
Yeah, but no one is listening.
Nor should they.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:23 PM

202 posts, read 504,913 times
One of the most important decisions a heterosexual man can make is to choose the woman he wishes to be with. If he filters out the ones who find abortion acceptable, he has made a choice that will protect him from that possibility happening to his off-spring.

If more heterosexual men would think in these terms, the women who find abortion to be acceptable would have a much harder time getting impregnated in the first place.

Food for thought...

Old 06-09-2011, 03:24 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yeah, but no one is listening.
Nor should they.
Was I talking to you? The normal man brought up a point.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmartian View Post
One of the most important decisions a heterosexual man can make is to choose the woman he wishes to be with. If he filters out the ones who find abortion acceptable, he has made a choice that will protect him from that possibility happening to his off-spring.

If more heterosexual men would think in these terms, the women who find abortion to be acceptable would have a much harder time getting impregnated in the first place.

Food for thought...
She might change her mind or be brainwashed by pro-lifers

Old 06-09-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Because the law has decided that the child should not be punished for the parents' mistake. There are two solutions for any man who wants to make sure he doesn't get roped into fathering a child he doesn't want to support. Get a vasectomy, or keep the ding-a-ling in the pants.

If he doesn't want to pay, he can spend 50% of the time raising the child instead. He's got plenty of choices.
What if he doesn't want to pay for the baby or raise the baby.

Raising the baby 50% of the time is not an acceptable solution as far as I'm concerned. Because I don't want to raise a baby.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:28 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Was I talking to you? The normal man brought up a point.
Who died and made you Darth Vader?
See anyone else responding to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies