Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 06:51 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,434,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You also have no sense of humor.
You were clearly trying to belittle me about my age when you said my mom is calling me to dinner. So my comeback was "I don't live with my parents" (which is true)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 06:52 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,516,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Men can have a vasectomy too, and then have all the sex they want without worry. Many times it can be reversed if they later change their minds. There are always ways around things.
And if you don't want children, have your tubes tied, take a pill, have an IUD inserted, keep your legs closed, lots and lots of choices. Women have all the power. Men just follow their instincts.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
And if you don't want children, have your tubes tied, take a pill, have an IUD inserted, keep your legs closed, lots and lots of choices. Women have all the power. Men just follow their instincts.
Exactly. If women tell men "don't have sex if you don't want a baby" the same logic should apply to women.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:54 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,818,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
As a woman, I would be beyond afronted if I was forced to have a baby I didn't want - and by the same token, if I wanted to keep a a baby against the adament wishes of the baby's father, then I would do it on my own terms and absolve him from any further responsibility.

He would have to give up any right to the child at all whatsoever as a result, and would be forbidden any contact, even if said child became an all-star gazillion dollar earning NBA player, or the first female President of the USA.

Just as I don't want to be forced into a life altering situation, neither would I want to force someone else into it.
All is right with the world...but real life could have him asking to be part of his child's life against your intention and terms.

This is why government[courts] get involved...life is far more complex than all sides agreeing to be civil or mature.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 PM

37,042 posts, read 41,972,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That's not the point. If you want to have all the sex you want without consequence and think it's "unfair" that women can (as the one poster was suggesting becasuse abortion is available) a vasectomy is a viable alternative. What the opposite sex does isn't your concern after that, you will be safe.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Men can have a vasectomy too, and then have all the sex they want without worry. Many times it can be reversed if they later change their minds. There are always ways around things.
Vasectomies have been known to fail

Old 06-09-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Vasectomies have been known to fail
Not for the majority. Let's keep on topic and not wander off to lala land.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Not for the majority. Let's keep on topic and not wander off to lala land.
This is my thread, so anything I say is on topic.

And if you think vasectomies are off topic, you shouldn't have mentioned them.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
This is my thread, so anything I say is on topic.

And if you think vasectomies are off topic, you shouldn't have mentioned them.
They aren't off topic. You wanted "fair" and I gave you a way. Changing the goal posts makes you look foolish.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:06 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,829,738 times
Quote:
You were clearly trying to belittle me about my age when you said my mom is calling me to dinner. So my comeback was "I don't live with my parents" (which is true)
You still have no sense of humor. (Or irony, for that matter)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies