Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 09:16 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
There is no 100% method of stopping a unwanted pregnancy, except abstaintion. The 'pill', condoms, everything fails. If you have sex, it can happen. A fact of life, been happening for years. I know a man who got two seperate women pregnant, at different times (married to both), while they were on the pill. It happens.

If it happens, be a man, accept responsibility.
Good morning,

Is your advice for women to "be a woman, accept responsibility"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:19 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good morning,

Is your advice for women to "be a woman, accept responsibility"?
No, I am talking to the men.

Women are generally more responsible, they have to be.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:21 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Yes, men say keep your legs closed. But the difference is a woman can open her legs and still have a way out if she doesn't want to pay for a baby. If the man has sex, he risks being put in a scenario where he has to pay for an unwanted baby.

I keep saying this on the thread. Why is it not sinking in?
What makes you think a woman dosent pay for her baby. The only way I see this happening is if she finds adoptive parents that pay for the expense, dr. visits and hospital bill and perhaps some personal money while she can not work. In this case the father is not paying anything either. If she keeps the baby she is still paying. That 200-300 dollars a month (depending on your income) does not fully support a child. Just childcare alone can run $80/week, then there is ins. preimums and medical expenses and food, diapers, clothes, etc. The monthly check is to supplement the expense of raising the child.

Granted there are too many baby mommas out there on welfare, the majority of single mothers work and a great many never get support from the father.

I do believe family court should give more consideration in situations where there was no serious relationship beteen the parties and the father wants nothing to do with the child and will never be in its life. The courts should allow him to waive his parental rights and not pay support if the mother insist on keeping the child knowing this.

The bottom line is men need to cover their behinds and be diligent in not having unprotected sex with flaky women and stop pissing and moaning and actually lobby the courts to make things change.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:

Hello buddy,

I understand that you are talking to the men.

Are you pro-life or pro-choice?

If you are pro-life, then I understand your position since it holds both sides accountable by default.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The bottom line is men need to cover their behinds and be diligent in not having unprotected sex with flaky women and stop pissing and moaning and actually lobby the courts to make things change.
I agree 100%, this is the biggest part of the problem. But part of that lobbying is making your case to the public.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
Quote:
There is no 100% method of stopping a unwanted pregnancy, except abstaintion. The 'pill', condoms, everything fails. If you have sex, it can happen. A fact of life, been happening for years. I know a man who got two seperate women pregnant, at different times (married to both), while they were on the pill. It happens.

If it happens, be a man, accept responsibility.
So you're saying you're not a real man if you don't accept responsibility?

But a woman can be a real woman if she doesn't accept responsibility?

Old 06-13-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
What makes you think a woman dosent pay for her baby. The only way I see this happening is if she finds adoptive parents that pay for the expense, dr. visits and hospital bill and perhaps some personal money while she can not work. In this case the father is not paying anything either. If she keeps the baby she is still paying. That 200-300 dollars a month (depending on your income) does not fully support a child. Just childcare alone can run $80/week, then there is ins. preimums and medical expenses and food, diapers, clothes, etc. The monthly check is to supplement the expense of raising the child.

Granted there are too many baby mommas out there on welfare, the majority of single mothers work and a great many never get support from the father.

I do believe family court should give more consideration in situations where there was no serious relationship beteen the parties and the father wants nothing to do with the child and will never be in its life. The courts should allow him to waive his parental rights and not pay support if the mother insist on keeping the child knowing this.

Way to completely miss the point. If she has the baby, of course she (along with the male paying child support) has to pay.

I meant she can get an abortion if she doesn't want to pay for a baby. An abortion is a one time fee and way cheaper than all the costs of raising a baby for 18+ years.

If the male doesn't want to pay for the baby, he has no options.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:34 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Not all women agree with your nightmare excuse for pregnancy. No one has attempted to challenge ChocLot's excellent post below:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot
Not sure why some folks are being so rude and condescending towards the OP. I agree with his position. As a woman with 4 children, I know all there is to know about pregnancy. It's not 9 months of agonizing hell. I wonder why some women exaggerate the experience of pregnancy/childbirth/etc? Sure it is hard work, but is it the nightmare that some will have you believe? No. Otherwise, we'd have an extremely small population here in the US.

I 100% agree that the system is slanted towards the woman. I don't care about it being "her body". A mistake by TWO people should not be dictated by ONE. Period. You want the baby? Fine.....have it KNOWING that you will receive no aid...let's see how long those warm and fuzzy feelings last.

BTW, I knew many girls growing up who used abortions as BC. One girl I knew had 5 and had trouble getting pregnant later in life.
Actually you are right the pregnancy dosent have anything to do with men being able to op out of CS. It think this discussion is directed to the replys that pregnancy is no big deal and a women can just ignore BC, have a kid and make a man pay like its now big thing and that a man should have equal say in abortion decisions when he will never know what pregnancy entails.

As far as ChocLot, good for her. She probably had 4 easy pregnancies while married and being fully supported emotionally and assisted financially. As stated, every womans pregnancy, delivery and situation is different. For some it is agonizing hell, for others a cake walk. At this point Id rather take a bullet to the head as be pregnant and have a child.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:

What's that supposed to mean? She can get an abortion to get out of paying for a baby. How does that make women more responsible?

Old 06-13-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Not all women agree with your nightmare excuse for pregnancy. No one has attempted to challenge ChocLot's excellent post below:

Actually you are right the pregnancy dosent have anything to do with men being able to op out of CS. It think this discussion is directed to the replys that pregnancy is no big deal and a women can just ignore BC, have a kid and make a man pay like its now big thing and that a man should have equal say in abortion decisions when he will never know what pregnancy entails.

As far as ChocLot, good for her. She probably had 4 easy pregnancies while married and being fully supported emotionally and assisted financially. As stated, every womans pregnancy, delivery and situation is different. For some it is agonizing hell, for others a cake walk. At this point Id rather take a bullet to the head as be pregnant and have a child.
Hi 2mares,

Thanks for pointing out that pregnancy doesn't have anything to do with a man being able to opt out.

I don't doubt two women's pregnancies are different. This is why I would never want any laws to get in the way of a woman's pregnancy. It's also why I don't challenge a woman's ability to obtain an abortion.

I will say that my viewpoint is not only about child support, it's about having the right to opt out of all legally binding aspects of parenthood, not just the financial obligation.

I'm glad you weighed in this thread, you've always had a willingness to consider and discuss the possibilities instead of simply rejecting it outright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies