Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:27 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,087,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Are you a drag queen?

Why would you ask that? If by conspiracy theorist you mean do I think that 9/11 was an inside job, the answer is of course not. Bush was simply incompetent, not evil.

As for your statement about middle class tax increases.... I support a sensible tax rate. For as long as I have been alive, the GOP was pushed one idea and one idea only when it comes to taxes -- lower, lower, lower. It's been 35 years. At some point you have to ask, isn't it low enough? We need to raise taxes on the rich and perhaps middle class. I have no problem paying my fair share for a decent society.
Why do we need to raise taxes on anybody? Why not cut some of these handout programs and let people keep their own money? Again, what is rich? You keep paroting the same talking points, tax the rich, tax the rich....sounds like you you are envious of people who are more successful in life...

Old 06-09-2011, 02:29 PM

865 posts, read 620,064 times
Quote:
I haven't thought about Dubya in awhile -- it's best to leave rubbish alone, but as I was reflecting on the state of the nation today, I was again realizing what a number Bush did on us. Will we ever recover from the idiocy of his decisions? Not one, but two wars ... and the worst economic crisis we've seen in 80 years. Heckava job, Bush.

I remember back in 2007, I was talking to a moderate, independent voter who told me he would never again vote for the GOP. I think I'm going to join him. I don't care if the GOP runs Jesus Christ in an upcoming election. I will not vote for the party that created and sustained Bush. It's not like they learned their lesson. Many of them are anxious for a repeat and are pushing for the Bush in drag candidate: Palin.

I hope that Bush is featured prominently in Obama's reelection campaign. The GOP needs to be punished for many, many more election cycles for foisting that abomination of a president on us.
Not sure why you hate him so much. His last two years in office he was "Obama Lite".

Old 06-09-2011, 02:35 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,412,509 times
Quote:
I thought his failure to go to NYC with Obama after Bin Laden's death was sad.
Do you remember in 2002 when he said he "really didnt care" where Bin Laden was? That was not only truthful, it was a Fruedian slip by someone not smart enough to know when to shut up. Bin Laden was kept alive by Bush and Cheney and Rumsfeld because they needed a face for their aggression, and they made that face Bin Laden. They keep him alive and instead turn the focus to Saddam Hussein.

Thats what they did. The only reason B.L. lived as long as he did was because of Bush.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:38 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,032,740 times
Quote:
Oh believe me, I am well aware that Bush ceased being the president on January 20, 2009. That was literally the best day of my life, far exceeding that day my daughter was born (my previous "best"). I haven't thought about him for quite awhile, but I woke up today, considered the state of the world, and thought -- yep, it's still all Bush's fault.
Wow, your life must really suck. I hate to say that...I really do...but its hard to ignore someone saying that a Presidential election exceeds the joy surrounding the birth of a child. I feel for you. I really do.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:39 PM

13,715 posts, read 31,005,871 times
If Obama campaigns on the "it's all GWB's fault" he will certainly lose. Bush made many mistakes, but he didn't cause the housing crisis, he didn't waste time in Libya, he didn't focus on a potentially unconstitutional health care program, and he didn't drive the deficit to crazy levels.

Even Democrats know that Obama has to take credit and blame for much of what has happened since 2008.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:40 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,781,469 times
I would honk, but I've got to charge up my car.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:40 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,795,882 times
Quote:
There is absolutely zero chance we'd have gone to Iraq if any other person was in the White House on 9/11.
If Clinton hadn't gotten elected in '92 9/11 wouldn't have happened in the first place. Remember his response to the 1993 WTC bombing?

Old 06-09-2011, 02:42 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,087,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Do you remember in 2002 when he said he "really didnt care" where Bin Laden was? That was not only truthful, it was a Fruedian slip by someone not smart enough to know when to shut up. Bin Laden was kept alive by Bush and Cheney and Rumsfeld because they needed a face for their aggression, and they made that face Bin Laden. They keep him alive and instead turn the focus to Saddam Hussein.

Thats what they did. The only reason B.L. lived as long as he did was because of Bush.
I heard the X-files theme song playing as you typed that...

9,879 posts, read 7,982,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
If Obama campaigns on the "it's all GWB's fault" he will certainly lose.

Even Democrats know that Obama has to take credit and blame for much of what has happened since 2008.
YES THEY DO

YouTube - ‪Obama is better than Bush?‬‏

5,562 posts, read 5,661,604 times
Forget about Obama and forget about BUSH.
Vote for someone who told you about BUSH and OBAMA when it was all happening and never wanted to get into IRAQ in the first place.

Ron Paul 2012 Return the presidency and leadership who has PROVEN TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FREEDOM AND TRYANNY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies