Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:16 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,075 times

Advertisements

...as a POLITICAL CONSERVATIVE! Daring move in this far left leaning industry. Wonder if he will ever work again?

Hollywood Writer Describes ‘Coming Out’ As a Conservative | The Blaze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 03:28 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
...as a POLITICAL CONSERVATIVE! Daring move in this far left leaning industry. Wonder if he will ever work again?

Will conservatives now rush to embrace a pillar of "degenerate hypocritical Hollyweird" just because he is on their side?

Old 06-08-2011, 03:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Quote:

That's amazing. I've recently just watched the entire series ofThe Unit, created by David Mamet.While watching , it continually occurred to me that 'this guy' must have conservative leanings. I don't think anyone wanting to work in Hollywood would have a problem with his political views. From his interview it sounds as though he realized where his mind comes from. It's not like he's going to punch Barbra Streisand in the noz, or anything.

Just a note, William H Macy appeared in an episode, as POTUS. Shaved, sober and short haired. Not Shameless at all.

I think his career will continue.

Last edited by Willsson; 06-08-2011 at 03:56 PM..

Old 06-08-2011, 04:13 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
It's not like he's going to punch Barbra Streisand in the noz, or anything.
Barbra Streisand would like to punch him in the noz though.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:21 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Hollywood is the naked face of capitalism, and I speak as someone drawing my paycheck there. If you put viewers in front of screens, nobody cares.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Hollywood is the naked face of capitalism, and I speak as someone drawing my paycheck there. If you put viewers in front of screens, nobody cares.
Try telling that to those that were BlackListed during the McCarthy era!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:32 PM

396 posts, read 906,274 times
Hollywood, the industry, is actually pretty conservative. It's all based on what makes money.

It's all corporate dollars. Just because a few people in the industry may champion progressive causes doesn't really make the industry progressive.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
Hollywood, the industry, is actually pretty conservative. It's all based on what makes money.

It's all corporate dollars. Just because a few people in the industry may champion progressive causes doesn't really make the industry progressive.
Did you miss this?

TV Executives Admit in Taped Interviews That Hollywood Pushes a Liberal Agenda (Exclusive Video) - The Hollywood Reporter

"The book makes the case that TV industry executives, writers and producers use their clout to advance a liberal political agenda. The author bases his thesis on, among other things, 39 taped interviews..."

Old 06-08-2011, 04:44 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Try telling that to those that were BlackListed during the McCarthy era!
McCarthy was a powerful and vindictive little martinet with a huge popular following. He had the power to affect the bottom line, and quite effectively. Damn straight the studios were scared of him. Of course, the studio system was still in effect back then, so Hollywood was much more of a monolithic power block. Things have changed for the better.

Quote:
Did you miss this?

TV Executives Admit in Taped Interviews That Hollywood Pushes a Liberal Agenda (Exclusive Video) - The Hollywood Reporter

"The book makes the case that TV industry executives, writers and producers use their clout to advance a liberal political agenda. The author bases his thesis on, among other things, 39 taped interviews..."
Yeah, it's a stunning piece of journalism. Interview the producer of MASH, but inexplicably forget to interview the producer of 24, then conclude that Hollywood has an anti-war agenda. That's not transparent or anything.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:22 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
That's amazing. I've recently just watched the entire series ofThe Unit, created by David Mamet.While watching , it continually occurred to me that 'this guy' must have conservative leanings. I don't think anyone wanting to work in Hollywood would have a problem with his political views. From his interview it sounds as though he realized where his mind comes from. It's not like he's going to punch Barbra Streisand in the noz, or anything.

Just a note, William H Macy appeared in an episode, as POTUS. Shaved, sober and short haired. Not Shameless at all.

I think his career will continue.
David Mamet will always be alright in my book for writing the scene below:

YouTube - ‪Alec Baldwin - Best performance‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies