Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 04:38 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,969,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Wanna bet this is all just a well planned charade of damage control with assigned roles and everyone acting according to a script? Weiner announces he is off to rehab at the same time the Democrat leadership is demanding his resignation which Weiner refuses to give. Weiner goes off for a few weeks and then after a contrite statement upon his release and return to Congress, the Democrats accept that he has been rehabilitated and let him return to the fold. Outcome: Weiner keeps his seat in the House; the Democrat leadership saves face. All's well that ends well and everyone takes a bow.

The End
That's right...The End...Just as the story ended with GOP Rep. Vitter. who actually took it a step further by actually breaking the law by solicitation of prostitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 04:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,244,777 times
Quote:
There's no fool like an educated fool.
Have you noticed the number of gays on this forum who are also both liberal and atheist? It keeps getting more and more obvious that this is the case.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you noticed the number of gays on this forum who are also both liberal and atheist? It keeps getting more and more obvious that this is the case.
Good point...that IS weird that gays don't associate themselves with "Conservatives" and " Religion"?

When both those groups are so accepting of gays?

Strange........ One of life's mysteries I suppose?

Old 06-11-2011, 04:44 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,406,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Good point...that IS weird that gays don't associate themselves with "Conservatives" and " Religion"?

When both those groups are so welcoming to gays?

Strange.
There are many gay christians and they are welcomed in churches.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
There are many gay christians and they are welcomed in churches.
Good to know. You likely belong to one of those churches I"m sure.

What percentage of churches in El Paso find being gay acceptable?

Old 06-11-2011, 04:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,244,777 times
Quote:
Wanna bet this is all just a well planned charade of damage control with assigned roles and everyone acting according to a script? Weiner announces he is off to rehab at the same time the Democrat leadership is demanding his resignation which Weiner refuses to give. Weiner goes off for a few weeks and then after a contrite statement upon his release and return to Congress, the Democrats accept that he has been rehabilitated and let him return to the fold. Outcome: Weiner keeps his seat in the House; the Democrat leadership saves face. All's well that ends well and everyone takes a bow.

The End
The Weenie has caused caused more trouble for the Dems than he can ever know and I think that your scenario is very sensible and possible. I just wonder how many of his buddies have been taken in up to now.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:

I would say that all the Catholic churches and most of the non denominational churches in El Paso welcome all who come to worship. Not the churches place to judge. That is left to a higher power.

Last edited by pommysmommy; 06-11-2011 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 06-11-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:

I am a member of a non denominational church who welcomes anyone who comes to worship.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:56 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,198,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yes, I've noticed that and I've also noticed that there are many liberals here who make brief, 3-4 line posts, never really engage in conversation or debate, don't make well-reasoned arguments, often take cheap shots, they hide who they really are and never reveal anything about themselves. The modus operandi of the whole bunch is eerily similar. One wonders if they are not:

1) the same person role-playing while using a number of screen names and aliases

or

2) they all have the same handler(s) telling them what and how to post.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I would say that all the Catholic churches and most of the non denominational churches in El Paso welcome all who come to worship. Not the churches place to judge. That is left to a higher power.
Oh I didn't ask you if they are welcome to worship.

I asked you if they were accepting of the act of homosexuality.

Here is the Catholic Church's stance on homosexuality....so you can stop tap dancing.

http://www.catholic.com/library/Homosexuality.asp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies