Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
And pro-lifers who eat meat should also shut their hypocritical trap.

Yet you forget, or have never been taught. Mankind is at the top of the totem-pole, not at the bottom or anywhere near the bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 04:49 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
I also pay people to grow my vegetables....
I eat everything, and love it. I do prefer organic and free range meats whenever possible.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:35 PM

23,554 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Being an omnivore with good canines it seems meat is a natural part of our evolutionary, heredity, traditional and cultural diet.

To say you will die from eating meat misses the point that you will die from any of a myraid of other pathologies whether you be an omnivore or veggan.

The assumption is meat causes obesity and patholology is a stretch as a diet that includes many foods in moderation is the healthiest. You can be heavy on veggies and eat moderate amounts of meat safely.

There are energy inefficiencies in cattle raising we can afford with intelligent use.

To blame the meat industry for the world's shortage of grain misses the fact that the greenies and EPA mandate regional gas formulas which include ethanol derived from corn. Thow in the vagaries of weather, reduced crop lands and EPA farming regs the and you set yourself up for food and gas rationing.

If everyone went veggie we'd still be burning corn in our cars....let's stop burning our food and shorting the world and our economy on our exported grain.

" If anything, eating your dogs or cats would be morally preferable, since they would have led a good life until you killed them"

The buck I arrowed last October was extremely happy and preoccupied with mating up until the arrow passed through. At least we agree on something.

A veggie can make a sound argument for abstaining from meat consumption but the twisting and sensationalizing by a chump from PETA in the Huffington Post offers only a glimpse of a frightening alignment with Obama regulatiory czar Cass Sunstein and institutional mandates with covert intentions that ride like parasites on the arguments presented.

Gene modified veggies, a chronic rash of ecoli contamination in our crop food supply doesn't engender a diet restricted to plants. Do you realize the destruction involved in growing large scale crops???? Now that is a sobering story!!!! So much for love of the earth by the author.

With wise use we can have it all.

Let the people that pretend to love the earth rant like the blowing wind as they howl mindless chants in their life estranged from the nature.

Ugh...I had to go to the Huff post to read that rant! Hope they don't onclude me in some popularity survey to validate their financial existence.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:14 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
And pro-lifers who eat meat should also shut their hypocritical trap.
If they're eating babies (even aborted ones) they need to locked up.

That goes for pro-abortioners too.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:49 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,143 times
I choose to be part of the food chain. Eating animals is only wrong if you decide it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies