Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 02:00 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It's not complicated at all .... you're just terribly lost and confused. Any adult who molests a child is, by definition, a pedophile.
By your definition, perhaps. Not by the professionally correct one.

Quote:
To further correct your inexplicable levels of confusion ... suffice it to say that everything I've said thus far ... coupled with the big clue of my handle being GuyNTexas, should indicate the unlikelihood of me being a fan of that liberal, overstuffed bag of hot air, Oprah.
Good; we agree on something.

Quote:
I'm an educated person ... in the top 2% of IQ to boot ... and I certainly don't agree that adults being attracted to adolescents is psychologically normal.
I'm in the top 1% of IQ but there are a lot of things I don't know about. I can't change the oil in my car, for instance, because I haven't taken the trouble to learn how. You clearly haven't taken the trouble to study human psychology and sexuality in a professional manner; I have, and from a criminal justice-oriented perspective. My undergraduate thesis was on Megan's Law.

Quote:
Quite to the contrary, this is a classic sign of psychological and sexual immaturity which prevents such adults from relating intimately, psychologically or sexually with other adults out of fears of their own inadequacies. Consequently, they seek comfort in less threatening relations with others who they may perceive as less sexually and emotionally mature than they are. Often times ... they are seeking what they will never find.
This is largely accurate in regard to clinically diagnosed pedophiles, not in regard to people who find adolescents attractive--which I would estimate at around 99% of all males.

Quote:
Molesting a child is ABSOLUTELY RAPE ... AGGRAVATED RAPE to be precise ... since a child is totally incapable of defending themselves
Nonsense.

Quote:
and cannot, under any circumstances, consent.
By grace of the law. This is called a legal fiction. You may or may not be familiar with the term.

Quote:
Moreover, after decades of efforts and great expense, it's a well established reality that no area of criminal rehabilitation is LESS successful than that of attempting to rehabilitate a child molester...The recidivism rates of child predators is astronomically high....
This is not a well-established reality, but a well-established and well-propagated myth. I can cite many actual articles proving the same if you would read them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 02:01 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
It's not complicated at all .... you're just terribly lost and confused. Any adult who molests a child is, by definition, a pedophile. PERIOD

To further correct your inexplicable levels of confusion ... suffice it to say that everything I've said thus far ... coupled with the big clue of my handle being GuyNTexas, should indicate the unlikelihood of me being a fan of that liberal, overstuffed bag of hot air, Oprah. Why would that thought even cross your mind? Oh ... for the same reasons you think child molesters aren't always pedophiles? That must be it.

I'm an educated person ... in the top 2% of IQ to boot ... and I certainly don't agree that adults being attracted to adolescents is psychologically normal. Quite to the contrary, this is a classic sign of psychological and sexual immaturity which prevents such adults from relating intimately, psychologically or sexually with other adults out of fears of their own inadequacies. Consequently, they seek comfort in less threatening relations with others who they may perceive as less sexually and emotionally mature than they are. Often times ... they are seeking what they will never find.

Grossly wrong across the board. Molesting a child is ABSOLUTELY RAPE ... AGGRAVATED RAPE to be precise ... since a child is totally incapable of defending themselves, and cannot, under any circumstances, consent. Furthermore, the act of sexual molestation of a child is a physical assault upon that child, and by definition, an act of violence. There is no such thing as non-violent molestation. Violence is defined as: behavior involving force which inflicts harm, damage or death on someone or something. By that definition, molesting a child is inflicting harm and damage, by force. PERIOD. It doesn't have to result in death or disfigurement for it to be an act of violence. And no such acts against children are "ill-suited for incarceration" unless one deems that to be too lenient, and more drastic measures called for.

Moreover, after decades of efforts and great expense, it's a well established reality that no area of criminal rehabilitation is LESS successful than that of attempting to rehabilitate a child molester. NONE. This is why laws have been passed making it a requirement for public notification identifying convicted sex offenders living within their communities. The recidivism rates of child predators is astronomically high, and it has been found that they remain threats decades after release from incarceration. Short of chemical or physical castration, these predators are known to be incapable of being exercised of their desires, relying only on suppression and restricted opportunity, not rehabilitation, to prevent further harm. This represents one of the greatest examples of injustice in our criminal justice system ... the manner in which the system deals with such predators, resulting in the continued threat to our children's ongoing safety. By releasing these deviates back into the community with full understanding of the likelihood of repeat offense, our system is broken .... and not unlike other "liberal" tactics, it seems that the protection of the criminal's rights seems to be more important than protecting society from the threats they pose.
I could tell this from your posts!

Please don't go anywhere...We need intelligent, educated posters like yourself, who can clearly articulate and spell out the insanity of the extreme left, who have silenced too many for too long with their PC intimidation.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
If you think American teenagers don't know how to prevent pregnancy, you may be living in a bubble.

Spain was brought up earlier in the thread. It it among the lowest for teenage pregnancy. Do you know or are you choosing to ignore that Spain is a socially conservative country?

Spain still has a social stigma attached to teenage pregnancy whereas in the US, teenage pregnancy is socially acceptable.

The social stigma in Spain is a result of conservatism. So you're really off-track blaming US right wingers for high teenage pregnancy rates in the US since that stigma no longer exists.

Humans are driven largely by socially acceptable norms. In Spain, it's not acceptable...in the US it is acceptable.

If teenage pregnancy becomes more socially acceptable in Spain, watch the rates increase.
I can always count on you to get it 100% wrong.

Spain does exactly what is required to have low teenage birth rates.

They do everything the right wing opposes.

1. Universal healthcare. 2. Public school sex education. 3. Free and easy access to birth control.

Spanish region takes hands-on approach to sex education | World news | The Guardian

And to your great sorrow...the Spanish youth have lots of great unmarried sex late into the wee hours of the morning after a great night of partying...lol

Old 06-14-2011, 02:05 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Quote:
I'm...in the top 2% of IQ to boot
I'm in the top 1% of IQ
Take the poster here who is in the highest percentage of IQ. Divide that percentage in half, and that is where I rank in IQ.

Continue with the thread.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:07 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I could tell this from your posts!

Please don't go anywhere...We need intelligent, educated posters like yourself, who can clearly articulate and spell out the insanity of the extreme left, who have silenced too many for too long with their PC intimidation.
In other words, he agrees with you

Old 06-14-2011, 02:11 PM

545 posts, read 400,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You're making my case...You make a big deal about consensual sex between adults. That's very disgusting to you..yet profoundly ignorant and apathetic as to what works in regards to preventing STD and teenage pregnancy. The important thing to you is getting an ego boost by being more "moral" than those Europeans, and being a finger pointing sexual scold. You couldn't care less about STD rates or teenage pregnancy rates in the USA. That's not your problem...that's those "other people" that do that....lol
if you spin even faster you are going to take off into the air...

this is what you said :

"Only the highest IQ, the highest standard of living societies have cast off this nonsense in favor of reason and rational thought. And guess what? Their teenage pregnancy rates, their STD rates, embarrass the USA's rates which are driven by right wing ideology."

which means you were the one using foreign nations, most likely Europe to boost your own ego/morals/beliefs....I just made a counter-point about them...

you also said this :
You're making my case...You make a big deal about consensual sex between adults.

really, random sex with strangers in public is ok with you?..yeah, I think you would be the last person I would want teaching anything to kids...

"You couldn't care less about STD rates or teenage pregnancy rates in the USA. That's not your problem...that's those "other people" that do that"

Yeah, I mean its not like fathers should take their daughters to a "ball" and teach them some self-respect so they can avoid all kinds of problems...that would be clutish....it makes much more sense to have 5 year olds rub sand bags on each other...

look, if you can't stop spinning, at least slow down...

Old 06-14-2011, 02:12 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
In other words, he is correct
Fixed it for you.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:17 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
if you spin even faster you are going to take off into the air...

this is what you said :

"Only the highest IQ, the highest standard of living societies have cast off this nonsense in favor of reason and rational thought. And guess what? Their teenage pregnancy rates, their STD rates, embarrass the USA's rates which are driven by right wing ideology."

which means you were the one using foreign nations, most likely Europe to boost your own ego/morals/beliefs....I just made a counter-point about them...

you also said this :
You're making my case...You make a big deal about consensual sex between adults.

really, random sex with strangers in public is ok with you?..yeah, I think you would be the last person I would want teaching anything to kids...

"You couldn't care less about STD rates or teenage pregnancy rates in the USA. That's not your problem...that's those "other people" that do that"

Yeah, I mean its not like fathers should take their daughters to a "ball" and teach them some self-respect so they can avoid all kinds of problems...that would be clutish....it makes much more sense to have 5 year olds rub sand bags on each other...

look, if you can't stop spinning, at least slow down...
Yes you got it exactly right.

I don't care what two or three consenting adult do in regards to sex!
It doesn't cross my mind. I don't think about it. Except when sexual scolds bring the subject up.

I'm funny that way...I don't get into other people's private lives.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I can always count on you to get it 100% wrong.

Spain does exactly what is required to have low teenage birth rates.

They do everything the right wing opposes.

1. Universal healthcare. 2. Public school sex education. 3. Free and easy access to birth control.

Spanish region takes hands-on approach to sex education | World news | The Guardian

And to your great sorrow...the Spanish youth have lots of great unmarried sex late into the wee hours of the morning after a great night of partying...lol

ROFL
ROFL
ROFL

that article is about masturbation!!!!

"It may have the most unemployed young people in Spain, but they will be the best at masturbation."

LOL, yeah I can get behind that one

Old 06-14-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Yes you got it exactly right.

I don't care what two or three consenting adult do in regards to sex!
It doesn't cross my mind. I don't think about it. Except when sexual scolds bring the subject up.

I'm funny that way...I don't get into other people's private lives.

yeah because having sex where families and their children can see is soooo "private"...

ok you have a good day sir...this is redundant...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies