Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:16 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Did you read this thread alone? I can't even count how many people attacked me just for bringing up the subject when I said nothing inflammatory whatsoever. If you want pages of examples just search here on CD, you can't talk about the token subjects like race and homosexuality without getting attacked by those who don't care about discussion.
You need to be more careful with your words. In your original post, you used the words "attack" and "riot". Since a "riot" is a physical thing and is not something you can do in writing, you were implying physical acts, as in a physical attack. It's quite another matter if you are feeling verbally attacked. If you have been on CD for even a week, you'd know that you have to expect that when making what to some are inflammatory statements. Your statement itself was inflammatory and other than "attacks" here on CD, you have yet to provide any evidence of what you are putting out there a fact. To me this suggest a certain degree of ignorance and bombast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 10:26 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Are you pissed that there isn't an "Ignorant Bigots" month?

Don't worry, that's celebrated 365 days a year by some people.
Quote:
They exist.
More baseless and fact-less personal attacks on people you don't know... what tolerance you have.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Let's take gay pride month for instance, the homosexual community cries non stop about wanting to be seen as normal and to be treated just like everyone else BUT they will attack you if you even mention something about no liking or respecting gay pride month. Black people claim to want equal rights (which they've had for decades) and want to be treated like everyone else but they will riot if you talk bad about black pride month. This could be said for any group that claims to want equal rights or anything like that.

If you want to be treated like you're "normal" or just like "everyone else" then wouldn't it be smart to eliminate specific holidays or months that do nothing but bring attention to the fact that you believe you're special or different from other people?
No one is stopping you or your friends from having a White Pride Parade.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:50 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Christians get their Christmas. Jews get many holidays. I don't think gay pride month is a holiday but if they want to get recognition for who they are they should. And it shouldn't mean that they can't be treated like any other normal human being. In case you didn't get the memo, being gay doesn't preclude one from being "seen as normal". It's normal to a lot of people.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:15 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
What are you trying to prove? Do you have anything to actually show the the OP is an ignorant bigot? Do you care to talk about the issue he raised, or just come in here and toss around a couple insults and then leave?

If you have nothing to add, then don't add anything.
I'll add whatever I like, thank you.

By his question he appears to assume he is "normal", and people different to him are not "normal". That is arrogant, ignorant and insulting.

His question is flawed because the groups he is referring to seek equality, not to be seen as what he thinks is "normal".

His question is also flawed because there is no "holiday" for gay pride.

He wants to sut down the freedom of speech of groups different to him or that he sees as "not normal" people.

What's your excuse for trying to shut down other posters?

Old 06-13-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
More baseless and fact-less personal attacks on people you don't know... what tolerance you have.
How was my comment a personal attack? There are many ignorant bigots in the US.

Clearly you have zero tolerance for all those "not normal" people who are different to you.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
I'll add whatever I like, thank you.

By his question he appears to assume he is "normal", and people different to him are not "normal". That is arrogant, ignorant and insulting.

His question is flawed because the groups he is referring to seek equality, not to be seen as what he thinks is "normal".

His question is also flawed because there is no "holiday" for gay pride.

He wants to sut down the freedom of speech of groups different to him or that he sees as "not normal" people.

What's your excuse for trying to shut down other posters?
If you would step out of your soapbox for 2 seconds you would realize that this is not at all what he is saying. Go read the post again. Read my responses.

Quote:
How was my comment a personal attack? There are many ignorant bigots in the US.
Obviously it is a personal attack. If you want to throw around insults fine, but don't do it and then act like it's not a personal attack. Call the man a racist if you think he's a racist.

Quote:
Clearly you have zero tolerance for all those "not normal" people who are different to you.
Not at all, you seem to be missing the underlying point here.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Because they're hypocritical idiots who really don't want equality.
Gosh if you have nothing useful to add other than insults, why add anything?

Who's the Hypocrite?

Old 06-13-2011, 02:34 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Gosh if you have nothing useful to add other than insults, why add anything?

Who's the Hypocrite?
I've made my position clear on why I think they are hypocritical idiots, and I stand by it.

I'm not insulting a poster personally because I disagree with him. I'm not jumping into a thread and tossing around the race card without trying to understand the OP's position.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:33 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
How is giving government employees, most of whom are not members of said group, a day off helping them when most, if they have jobs, still have to work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies