Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 03:21 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times

Advertisements

Let's take gay pride month for instance, the homosexual community cries non stop about wanting to be seen as normal and to be treated just like everyone else BUT they will attack you if you even mention something about no liking or respecting gay pride month. Black people claim to want equal rights (which they've had for decades) and want to be treated like everyone else but they will riot if you talk bad about black pride month. This could be said for any group that claims to want equal rights or anything like that.

If you want to be treated like you're "normal" or just like "everyone else" then wouldn't it be smart to eliminate specific holidays or months that do nothing but bring attention to the fact that you believe you're special or different from other people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 09:27 AM

I guess nobody wants to touch this one.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:28 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Because they're hypocritical idiots who really don't want equality.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:48 AM

Either that or I've confused a lot of people with this one.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:55 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
It's isn't about "equal rights". It's about "special privileges".

Old 06-12-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It's isn't about "equal rights". It's about "special privileges".
Which means that those groups are indeed different right?

Old 06-12-2011, 10:01 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Default Why do groups of people who claim to want nothing more than to be seen as "normal" require special holidays?

Special monthes, days, special laws. Don't disagree or you will be labeled a racist or a bigot. I get it, it's not right.

It's not a good way to get people to think your normal and not a good way to fit in and I hope people wake up to this at some point.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:10 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If you want to be treated like you're "normal" or just like "everyone else" then wouldn't it be smart to eliminate specific holidays or months that do nothing but bring attention to the fact that you believe you're special or different from other people?
Look at the country broadly; why do blacks dress differently, act differently, and have hostile attitudes - but want to be treated the same as everyone else?

How does dressing "gangsta" help one's ability to be accepted into a corporate position with a career path?

Mind you, this is not true of ALL blacks, but for a very large number. I've worked with blacks who had embraced the concept of "white" America, i.e., educate the kids as much as possible, work hard, don't complain about life's unfairness, just do your job - and they were successful and well-paid.

Same for gays; if you are going to dress very differently, you can't complain that you are being treated differently for standing out.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:12 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Special monthes, days, special laws. Don't disagree or you will be labeled a racist or a bigot. I get it, it's not right.

It's not a good way to get people to think your normal and not a good way to fit in and I hope people wake up to this at some point.
Hate laws are an outrage, and are unconstitutional - but are, along with public employee unions, a means by which the democrats buy votes by pandering when they cannot compete in the marketplace of ideas.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:13 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Ask people of Irish descent who celebrate St. Patty's or Italian Americans who celebrate Columbus day, or German Americans who celebrate Octoberfest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies