Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:19 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The size of the federal government has DOUBLED over the last 10 years.

You dont even understand Obamacare because it doesnt provide tax credits to small businesses, its a tax INCREASE, which then subsidides others.. If my tax goes up, so I can fund your "subsidy", this doesnt mean my taxes drop.

How the hell do you think Obamacare = a "surplus" to the federal government because thats IMPOSSIBLE, without tax increases..

Uncertainty currently is being caused by government
Yes, some in the government are causing uncertainty. Republicans are threatening to repeal health reform, that causes uncertainty. Republicans are threatening to repeal Wall St. reform, that causes uncertainty. Republicans were threatening a government shutdown, that causes uncertainty. Republicans are currently threatening a US default, that causes uncertainty.

So yes, I agree. People in government are causing uncertainty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 12:20 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Americans should get paid no less than $20/hour in government jobs. This way we can create a two caste system. The comrade commissars who get to rule over the ordinary people, and the serfs who will be under their command and who's obedience you can demand. It is right that state governments are reducing staff. This way we can have a more centralized government recruitment effort. To witness centralization's success, look no further to how well centralization worked for the IT realm when mainframe technology was prevalent.

It's your patriotic duty to work for the federal government, in order to maximize your superiority over the common working man and small business owner and to provide for your family at private industry's expense.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
False the reduction and streamling of regulations is targeted at reducing the cost to do business.

Streamlining Regulation Government: Agencies offer plans for cutting costs, paperwork for businesses
Yeah, I seen them say that, but I'm not foolish enough to believe that states, saving $10M a year on average, will rebate this amount of money and simply not respend it..
Quote:
Second most employers don't give a damn if the decision is made to drop medical insurance for their employees if the cost get too high. The care much more about PROFITS. The people that are no longer insured will have other options.
Bull crap.. If they didnt care about offering care, and only cared about profit, then they wouldnt offer care to begin with.. The fact is they offer care, because it offers an incentive to hire the most qualified individuals..
Quote:
Third all the reductions is government regulations in the world isn't going to change the fact that a textile worker in China makes $200 a month, a Chinese worker in a solar panel factory makes $1.80 an hour and one in the United States makes $27.00 an hour and a certified public accountant in Sri Lanka makes $5,900 a year and one in the United States makes $60,000 a year. There is NOTHING that the United States government can do change that and the fact that investment dollars are going to chase those lower labor costs for profit. The fundamental economic dynamic in the world today is that wealth and economic growth is flowing away from the United States and Europe and toward, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. It's the labor cost, natural resources and demographics in those regions that are going to drive worldwide economic growth for the foreseeable future.
Ahh, short sighted views got you ignoring things like transportation costs, profit unification taxes, import taxes etc. Its GOVERNMENT and their non stop mandates forcing companies to offshore their production to other countries, which leads to government enticing other offshored companies to produce here. Why do you think Chinese environmental companies are expanding in america? Because they want to pay more for labor? No, because they want the "tax credits"..

Old 06-12-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Yes, some in the government are causing uncertainty. Republicans are threatening to repeal health reform, that causes uncertainty. Republicans are threatening to repeal Wall St. reform, that causes uncertainty. Republicans were threatening a government shutdown, that causes uncertainty. Republicans are currently threatening a US default, that causes uncertainty.

So yes, I agree. People in government are causing uncertainty.
So its your argument is that it would be better to offer policies that bankrupt the country, rather than fiscal responsibility, because at least we know what the outcome is?

Old 06-12-2011, 12:42 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clearly you dont run a business and have never studied business.
Staying on topic, I will ask again ..... Are you blaming Obama for this guy being successful or are you blaming Obama for this guy not being more successful? A simple question that has yet to be answered.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:45 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Staying on topic, I will ask again ..... Are you blaming Obama for this guy being successful or are you blaming Obama for this guy not being more successful? A simple question that has yet to be answered.
It's pretty obvious that the point of this thread is that business expansion is being hindered by a number of factors all with roots in the current administration's policies.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:46 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
But, the rewards is NOT still the same.....

The costs of everything has gone up.
So help me . . . If you do that one more time, I'm going to tell the whole world why Latin needs to be mandatory in all high school curriculums.

http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/subjectVerbAgree.asp

Last edited by ergohead; 06-12-2011 at 01:09 PM..

Old 06-12-2011, 12:46 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
It's pretty obvious that the point of this thread is that business expansion is being hindered by a number of factors all with roots in the current administration's policies.
I think the neo-progs are ignoring that and simply dismissing it because a few businesspeople are willing to naively gamble on growth. They refuse to look at the aggregate effect and focus on some outliers instead.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
No one did either. We are discussing why this guy, and others around the country take governmental policies into account, before they decide if the risk, is worth the reward, and with an unknown future, both due to economic situations, and governmental policies, which is making the economic situations much worse than it should be, by continguing to threaten to take away that "success", one would be foolish to take extraordinary risks in todays society.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:00 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
It's pretty obvious that ...
the success of this guys business is not enough. He should be more successful without taking a risk, or gambling, as you suggest.

If he does nothing, he is stuck with a successful business. The horror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies