Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would your boass allow you to send nude pics of yourself from work?
Yes, as long as it didn't intefere with my job, my boss would be cool with it 7 24.14%
No, my boss would fire me in a heartbeat and make me disinfect my chair on the way out 21 72.41%
Not sure 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You can not compare a sitting member of the U.S. Congress to a private citizen. They are held to different standards. This is not a valid question.
Off-topic a bit, but why hold them to different standards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 04:44 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Off-topic a bit, but why hold them to different standards?
Because they are in positions of public trust, just like teachers, clergymen, youth leaders and day care employees. The convenience store clerk is in no such position of public trust so no one gives a hoot or a holler what he does when he goes home from work.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Because they are in positions of public trust, just like teachers, clergymen, youth leaders and day care employees. The convenience store clerk is in no such position of public trust so no one gives a hoot or a holler what he does when he goes home from work.
I don't care what a politician does at home.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:30 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Some of you are being disingenuous and answering that it would be okay, since you are your own boss. Anthony Weiner is not his own boss.

Ah, who's disingenuous? YOU asked would your boss. NOT would someone who is in authority over you or you must NOT be self employed.

Technically, Weiner is his own boss. He sort of like a corporate CEO however answers every six years to his "board".

Old 06-12-2011, 06:35 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Why not? Are you saying that some companies would actually allow their employees to take nude pics of themselves in the office on company time and send them out on twitter?

Duh. Have you not seen some of the stuff that comes out of corporate America's corporate offices?

Have you heard of Jack Welch? Brett Favre?

Old 06-12-2011, 06:43 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
People are just flat out stupid. It's not a matter of what's allowed, it's a matter of being a moron.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:52 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
That is one *weiner* that is just disgusting.

He is fuglier than warts on a pigs backside.

I wish they would stop showing those shirtless pics....yuck !

Old 06-12-2011, 08:31 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Ah, who's disingenuous? YOU asked would your boss. NOT would someone who is in authority over you or you must NOT be self employed.

Technically, Weiner is his own boss. He sort of like a corporate CEO however answers every six years to his "board".

No........we, the American taxpayer are his boss. You Neo progs never cease to amaze me.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
No........we, the American taxpayer are his boss. You Neo progs never cease to amaze me.
No, we are not his BOSS, no matter how important you think your/our measly taxes are to him... that would be like saying a 0.000000005% shareholder has control over a corporate CEO. You Neo Cons never cease to amaze me, LOL.

And to answer the original question, I work in the public sector, and NO this behavior would not be acceptable... we can't even access Facebook on our staff computers, let alone "sext" Twitter pics! Not to mention, only the branch manager has a (sorta) private office, and the rest of us are in a shared workroom - so it would be kinda hard to pull that off during work hours, hehe.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:54 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times
What you do in the bathroom on your break with your own smart phone is no ones business. As far as I'm concerned you can masturbate and video the whole thing and send it off to someone who cares? Just make sure it doesn't affect your work and you wash your hands afterwards. My god........everyone in this thread most be 70 year old churchgoers. People have been having sex in the workplace for decades and you all are getting bent out of shape over texting? Where the hell have you been? LMAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies