Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:01 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's what Obama says. He doesn't get it either, just like you. Hence, our country's STILL high unemployment rate.
Exactly.

Just like the whiners in NJ who want to "fix things" but don't like that their years of living off a free ride (in many ways) is being challenged.

They all thought "shared sacrifice" meant "others" would be sharing their paychecks more than they already do so those living in la-la land could maintain some ridiculous BS, union-created, liberal/progressive supported, lifestyle.

Never in a million years did they think they'd have to "share", too. Let alone sacrifice. Just wanted everyone else to sacrifice and share more than they already have been and FOR them and over decades.

They just don't get it.

Last edited by Informed Info; 06-13-2011 at 01:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 01:52 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Ummm... Are you trying to be the poster-child for conflict of interest?
My voting patterns were certainly not a conflict of interest for me(as a sexual minority, I prefer to vote for the party that doesn't treat me as a 2nd class citizen). It didn't turn out to be a conflict of interest for him either, as Obama extended the Bush Tax Cuts (essentially making them now The Obama Tax Cuts now).

Do you really think that the rich create jobs? Do you think they really care about that? Haha. The rich don't care about you dude. In fact, I am throughly convinced that if the government wasn't protecting you, the rich would sabotage your life.

Nothing against my ex. He is a great guy, and he is very good at what he does, but I can name countless people within my own working class family that work harder than him, and they take home a fraction of his income.

For the record, my ex fired a LOT (hundreds) more people than he gave jobs to during the years I was with him. His company downsized quite a bit over the past couple of years. That didn't stop him from taking significant pay increases though. So as for the rich creating jobs, I have to call BS on that one.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:14 AM

In fact, now that I actually read the OP's list, I can actually call BS on half of those things he mentioned! Haha!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:23 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Let me ask you libs a question.

If business owners are leeches of society who get paid an enormously high rate without putting in the work to deserve it, why doesn't everybody in the country just "become" a business owner and sit on their asses and get rich? If it's that easy, then what's stopping you?

Old 06-13-2011, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Nothing against my ex. He is a great guy, and he is very good at what he does, but I can name countless people within my own working class family that work harder than him, and they take home a fraction of his income.
And how did he get into the position he is now?

Quote:
For the record, my ex fired a LOT (hundreds) more people than he gave jobs to during the years I was with him. His company downsized quite a bit over the past couple of years. That didn't stop him from taking significant pay increases though. So as for the rich creating jobs, I have to call BS on that one.
Bigger business = richer owner
Bigger business = more jobs

Who do you work for? A poor person?

Old 06-13-2011, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Let me ask you libs a question.

If business owners are leeches of society who get paid an enormously high rate without putting in the work to deserve it, why doesn't everybody in the country just "become" a business owner and sit on their asses and get rich? If it's that easy, then what's stopping you?
Not all rich people are business owners.

You have to think and compare what -hard work- is. For instance, is someone who is going to college for their first graduate degree at the age of 23 a harder worker than, lets say, a single mother of two at the age of 23 working a day and night job trying to feed her kids and give them a roof? Both are no doubt difficult things to accomplish, and the one who invested in an education at an early age should reap greater rewards, but just how far should the single mother of two be left in the dust? So much so that she can't have health insurance? I don't think getting rich is easy, but I would say that escaping poverty is much more difficult.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
True, but on a whole, business owners that hire employees are richer than their employees.

Quote:
You have to think and compare what -hard work- is. For instance, is someone who is going to college for their first graduate degree at the age of 23 a harder worker than, lets say, a single mother of two at the age of 23 working a day and night job trying to feed her kids and give them a roof? Both are no doubt difficult things to accomplish, and the one who invested in an education at an early age should reap greater rewards, but just how far should the single mother of two be left in the dust?
A 23 year old should be responsible and not have 2 kids without any financial plan. She shouldn't be left to starve of course, but that would apply to anyone of any age in any bad situation. A 23 year old who decided to be responsible, not have 2 kids, and instead invest their time in education should reap the full benefits of their investment.

This really doesn't answer my question though. How do business owners become successful? Do they just wake up one day and decide they are going to be rich and everyone else is going to be poor?

Old 06-13-2011, 02:47 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Almost all are.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Almost all are.
Even if not though, the point remains. The richer the business owner, the bigger the business, the more jobs. It's a direct correlation.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:56 AM

589 posts, read 376,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
THANK YOU for taking the risks and spending the capital to start a business.

THANK YOU for providing me with a product and/or service I need.

THANK YOU for giving me a job.

THANK YOU for paying me a decent salary.

THANK YOU for providing me and my family with generous health benefits.

THANK YOU for paying exorbitant taxes so me and my family can collect government benefits and services we neither need nor deserve.

THANK YOU for not laying me off despite the terrible economy.

THANK YOU for letting me work 40 hours/week and have nights/weekends off.

THANK YOU for working while I'm playing.

THANK YOU for accepting smaller profits rather than laying me off.

THANK YOU for giving me paid vacation days.

THANK YOU for paying money towards my retirement benefits.

THANK YOU for buying expensive goods and services, ensuring I still have a job.

See how it works? Instead of beating people over the head who make $250,000+ a year and calling them greedy for not wanting to part with more of their income.
Thanks to them, they're great
I think we should share the fiscal burden, all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies