Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:43 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
Would it be as bad if it was drug subtraction rather than drug addition???
..............or not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 10:44 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
.........this thread is not about confessing drug use, but it is intended to show every one is subject to making small choices that lead to big problems
This thread is about whatever it morphs into, just like every other thread. You didn't set parameters at the OP and simply threw out a statement.
Millions of people inhaled. Millions still do.

This is also about the 10th thread on the same subject.

Funny how you never look at your side of the aisle when you bring this up; we could talk about addiction to bathroom sex or something. That would be just as appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Mental illness can precipitate drug addiction.
Can does not mean "will".

Last edited by chielgirl; 07-14-2011 at 10:56 PM..

Old 07-14-2011, 10:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
In dual diagnoses patients, yes. For recreational drug users who become addicted, no.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:50 PM

Default yeah............

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This thread is about whatever it morphs into, just like every other thread.
Millions of people inhaled. Millions still do.

This is also about the 10th thread on the same subject.

Funny how you never look at your side of the aisle when you bring this up; we could talk about addiction to bathroom sex or something. That would be just as appropriate.

Can does not mean "will".
...............people don't complain about sex.........if you want to talk about that I don't mind. In the tub or hanging out the window.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:52 PM

Default but............

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
In dual diagnoses patients, yes. For recreational drug users who become addicted, no.
......why would a person make a dangerous choice unless they had an issue in the first place?

Last edited by bluescityleon; 07-14-2011 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: spelin

Old 07-14-2011, 10:57 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
...............people don't complain about sex.........if you want to talk about that I don't mind. In the tub or hanging out the window.
What does this comment even mean?
You're simply contradicting your other posts in this thread.

Quote:
......why would a person make a dangerous choice unless they had an issue in the first place?
So every alcoholic and addict has a mental illness problem?
They all had mental problems before they took the first one? Because your body doesn't know the name of the mind or mood altering substance that you put in your body.
You might want to pick up some books at a library and research this a little bit instead of starting a thread, making it political, asking for input and disagreeing or dismissing any responses.
This thread reeks with disingenuity.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:14 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
I'll assume that the question is still whether or not addiction is, in fact, an illness. Uh, I don't think so.

It's not viral or bacterial. It's caused by stupid behavior, bad choices and probably self esteem issues.

It just REALLY chaps my butt to hear people justify their addiction/bad behavior by saying " I can't help it, it's an illness ". Bull****!

These people made a choice to either take that drink or do that drug. It's not like they were standing next to an addict and caught it like the common cold.

They should just cowboy up and admit that they did it to themselves.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:31 PM

Default That is true for some.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I'll assume that the question is still whether or not addiction is, in fact, an illness. Uh, I don't think so.

It's not viral or bacterial. It's caused by stupid behavior, bad choices and probably self esteem issues.

It just REALLY chaps my butt to hear people justify their addiction/bad behavior by saying " I can't help it, it's an illness ". Bull****!

These people made a choice to either take that drink or do that drug. It's not like they were standing next to an addict and caught it like the common cold.

They should just cowboy up and admit that they did it to themselves.
............others has brain deformity , few if any have a perfectly functioning brain................

Old 07-27-2011, 10:32 PM

Default Factorial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
Would it be as bad if it was drug subtraction rather than drug addition???
factorial!

Old 07-27-2011, 10:35 PM

Default Define morbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Well, it's not called co-morbidity. Co-morbid just means existing concurrently.

I do believe addiction is fueled by mental illness but I'm not sure I totally believe that addiction in and of itself is a mental illness.
as he suffered with morbid thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies