Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2011, 10:57 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
What difference does it make? Are you serious? It makes a world of difference. Redefined marriage will be nothing more than an empty meaningless procedure just to obtain benefits and will open the door to further modification and adjustments in order to accommodate other uniquely self afflicted parties who feel they are also being denied.
The point that some of us have tried to get you to see is that it is already that way for many couples - marrying for the tax benefits or to receive inheritance benefits or for companionship or just to feel like their sex lives are now legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 11:08 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Just curious.

I believe in equal rights for all (even gays) but I still feel homosexuality is wrong.

Am i allowed to feel this way?

no.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:31 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
^^ Only in an Orwellian mind-controlled society. Which ours is not, that heavens.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:34 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And all of what you described causes death.

Gay guys and gay women are making love. Do you understand the difference? lol.
Then stop pulling the BS and compairing yourselves to animals, just because a freaking animal does something it doesn't make it normal for a human.
A dog will hump your leg but I doubt anyone would think it's normal for you to do it but you could give it a try if ya want.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Simplistic thinking. It is a choice to murder. It is not a choice to feel physical attraction. No animal can control sexuality, including humans. Humans can control whether or not they muder and devour other people.
It's really just Common sense you can make up all the excuses you want for your behaivior but it doesn't fly, your not some black birds and your not a freaking gutworm just because an animal does something doesn't mean it's normal for you to do it.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:39 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Then stop pulling the BS and compairing yourselves to animals, just because a freaking animal does something it doesn't make it normal for a human.
A dog will hump your leg but I doubt anyone would think it's normal for you to do it but you could give it a try if ya want.
Pointing out that homosexual behavior is observed in other species of the animal world demonstrates that it is not a unique quirk of Homo Sapiens.

I think what is more instructive is an anthropological and ethnographical survey of sexual orientation variation throughout human history and spanning all the cultures and nations of our world. Gay people are everywhere and have existed for all of recorded human history.

As a world traveler who has explored between 85 and 90 countries on six continents I can attest that L/G/B/T communities exist in all the countries that I have traveled. I mention these things because they are not insignificant and must not be flippantly dismissed.

My point is that individuals in the L/G/B/T community have made wonderful and important contributions to human society throughout the ages. Gay people are not "non-humans" and do not deserve to be treated as second-class citizens, regardless of whether you approve of homosexuality or not.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:53 PM

If it were me I would drop the animal stuff, animals have sex because they are in heat it's a poor thing to justify ones behavior by.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
If it were me I would drop the animal stuff, animals have sex because they are in heat it's a poor thing to justify ones behavior by.
We point out that homosexuality is found in essentially every animal species to show that it is in fact natural and to provide a piece of evidence that in humans it is likely biologically based (in response to statements that homosexuality is unnatural and a choice). It's not used as an argument to "justify" it or to argue that it's good and correct and moral. Something being natural doesn't speak to its goodness or correctness or morality.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:08 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Just curious.

I believe in equal rights for all (even gays) but I still feel homosexuality is wrong.

Am i allowed to feel this way?
Of course you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You don't have to be on this Planet very long to figure out that every single life form on this Planet has evolved to do one thing, and one thing only...

...reproduce to propagate the species.

The way in which every single life form on this Planet has evolved to reproduce results in methods of mating that are sometimes elaborate, subtle, gross, wonderful, outlandish, beautiful or just plain ordinary and mundane, but reproduce they do.

That is the sole function and purpose of every living organism on this Planet, including humans. The fact that humans can think does not alter the fact that humans are extremely adept and efficient and reproducing to propagate the species, and that is the primary function of humans.

Homosexuality is the anti-thesis of reproduction, of propagating the species, of ensuring the survival of the species, and thus the anti-thesis of life itself and anathema to humankind.

I don't think it's worth the energy or resources to condemn it, but at the same time, it shouldn't be condoned or encouraged either.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:23 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

That is the sole function and purpose of every living organism on this Planet, including humans. The fact that humans can think does not alter the fact that humans are extremely adept and efficient and reproducing to propagate the species, and that is the primary function of humans.

Homosexuality is the anti-thesis of reproduction, of propagating the species, of ensuring the survival of the species, and thus the anti-thesis of life itself and anathema to humankind.
We have several examples of how homosexuality in animal species directly aids in the propagation of the species. Take black swans for instance. 25% of male black swans live in monogamous, life-long male-male parings. These "gay" swan couples steal eggs from male-female nest and then hatch and raise the chicks. The stolen eggs are usually replaced (so it's as if they reproduced). Also, these "gay" swan couples sometimes take in and raise orphaned chicks. Chicks raised by the "gay" swan couples are twice as likely to survive than chicks raised by "straight" swan couples - 2 males are much better able to support and defend the kids.

Homosexuality has been observed in nearly every higher animal species and is especially prevalent in birds and mammals (humans are mammals). If detrimental to populations, why has it been selected for and maintained within populations for millions of years of evolution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies