Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:18 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Grisanti needs to understand DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHURCH AND STATE.
Morally, you can disagree with yout. 100% absolutely.
Legally, the church has absolutely NO say in this matter.

(with the exception of them not allowing them to marry in churches. I support the church's right for that)

The Roman Catholic church has a seat in the NY state senate or you just hate their morals getting in the way of unnatural sex and the rebranding of marriage?

Any other religions you'd like to see banned from the public arena?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The Roman Catholic church has a seat in the NY state senate or you just hate their morals getting in the way of unnatural sex and the rebranding of marriage?

My fantasy would be seeing them banned everywhere in the world.

*SIGH* It'll never happen...unfortunately.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:02 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
The National Organization of Marriage just called me with an automated message asking if I was registered to vote in NY and if I thought marriage should only be between one man and one woman.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:42 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Its now up to 31 votes, as Republican State Senator Roy McDonald has come out in favor. Cuomo also officially introduced the bill.

Quote:
Senator Roy McDonald, R-Saratoga, told the Times Union Tuesday that he will back a bill legalizing same-sex marriage. He becomes the 31st senator to proclaim his public support for the bill. It needs 32 votes to pass the Senate.

“I’m trying to do the right thing,” he said. “Rather than wait I worked with the governor…I’m not out to alienate anybody. This is driven by compassion.”

“My lifestyle is my lifestyle — I don’t want anyone telling me or my children what to do,” he said. “We’ve got 20 million people in this state…we can’t be paralyzed by social issues.”
Capitol Confidential » Roy McDonald is 31st vote for same-sex marriage

Old 06-14-2011, 02:58 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Same-Sex Marriage Within One Vote of Passage in Albany - NYTimes.com

The article from NY Times updated a few minutes ago.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:00 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:

Nobody elected the catholic church to a seat. The morals of the catholic church are "cafeteria morals", morals that they pick and choose based on their prejudices from the fairy tale book that they wrote thousands of years ago.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:04 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Another Republican announced his support today... 1 more vote and gay marriage will be the law in New York -- I am unbelievably proud and shocked beyond belief that gay marriage is this close to passing in my state. Just one more -- still cautiously optimistic and not wanting to get let down but this could be it!

Old 06-14-2011, 06:13 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,881 times
Quote:
Yes. All of them. Religions do not deserve a seat at the table of secular rule making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies